Go videos

1 Like

Holy mother of Go saints, I thought this was an award ceremony, but it was just the opening of the competition?!! What??? Somehow this is really touching. :pray:

Japan-Korea match of some kind

1 Like

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet, since it’s one of the oldest Go videos on youtube.

2002 (?) * BBC short documentary feature on the effect of Hikaru no Go in attracting children to the game in Japan.

(* There’s reference to the anime first airing the previous year.)

6 Likes
4 Likes

It’s tagged with paid promotion but there isn’t actually any in the video.

The source is a small, long-time psychedelic music channel. There’s no other Go content as far as I can tell, although a goban appears for a moment in this video.

Another old video, bango (fixed-stakes gambling Go). Again, the only Go on the channel.

2 Likes

What is the music in the second video from it’s so familiar but I can’t place it, plz help!!

1 Like

Have we seen this?

Comment below the video

GO is an art -simple yet producing countless brilliant possibilities :slight_smile: You may see it as Lego of kind, simple building blocks that can be built into marvelous architectural structures! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://archive.org/search.php?query=shygost

Shygost’s KGS lectures, 2009

There are also lectures from 2006 archived at http://tengen.bur.st/

Rrrussia.

1 Like

bugcat was it directed me to this series, I really like it. Putting yourself out there knowing you’re gonna lose, brave. So much unlike the common streaming where players choose sandbagging for the sake of easier commentary.

5 Likes

The quality of the effects

Me too.
He’s funny and the interface is amazing.
Bonus interface when analysing with lizzie.
Sounds are remarkable.

Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

A funny way to face Tsumego :smile:

1 Like

Redmond reviews his game:

3 Likes

Commentary of his own game last night ( I was asleep for the stream but the video is up).

It’s almost like watching him play

2 Likes

Go Baduk Weiqi has been covering the Chinese A League:

There’s an empty discussion thread on L19.

1 Like

I think kids these days call his speech “copium”.

Huh, I thought that was just something BenKyo liked to say.

Caught out by new slang yet again~

Short video demonstrating that fu tsumego.

1 Like

with thanks to Ferran on L19

2 Likes