Go videos

Trying New Ryusei format with 5s Fischer. I somewhat like it. It’s fast enough to not get bored, and yet because it’s a real board you don’t get those annoying insta-move blitzes that you see online.

Although, when one of the players gets low on time, it’s stressful to watch.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

1 Like

Professional blitz game 2. Top-right joseki will shock you.

I WON’T BELIEVE this top right JOSEKI? :joy: :joy: :joy:

They tried to show space goban but operator was filming Dinershtein the whole time for some reason.

I do agree with Knotwilg’s comment in this video (who, btw, is not some random troll). It’s a little sad to me that one of the best and largest Go content creators is getting into an unfortunate pattern. Yes, it’s true that criticizing a move is not the same as criticizing the person, but effective critique should be socially aware enough not to make the player feel attacked and ridiculed, especially when the player didn’t sign up for a public harangue.

Dwyrin also falls into the trap of assuming that all the negative feedback that he’s getting is personal. For me, I honestly wish he would change direction/tone a bit. I support his content and watch occasionally, but games like the one under debate in that video leave a sour taste in my mouth.

3 Likes

I always felt a bad vibe from Dwyrin’s videos. Even against strong opponents he doesn’t post losing games much which is suspicious.

From yesterday’s press day:

2 Likes

Well, he said not take the critique in the video personally, and then took the critique for the video personally.

I’d argue the same way we are not our Go, he is not his videos.

I watch what applies to me, basics (if I understand the concept) and the famous games on real board, so probably not a full idea of how he behaves.

I know it’s been a hot topic before, but when someone is pulled into something without their knowledge (and even if we all agree that those “sandbagging” games are for the greater good), some extra consideration is needed.

I don’t watch twitch (I’ve watched exactly two videos there iirc and none were his) so I don’t know how the unedited versions are.

1 Like

I just checked Go Game World’s website. It seems these are the only videos they produced before they went inactive. Too bad. I want a continuation of the series.

2 Likes

It’s a nice looking board :slight_smile:

Spoliers

I like the part at the end where he points out he made an unconventional 16x16 board by accident when trying to make, what would also be an unconventional 15x15 one :smiley:

1 Like

Meanwhile professional Japanese go players. This time with Suzuki Ayumi 7p. Time control as in previous videos - Fischer 1m+5s/move.

I liked the random reminder at 3:08 that these guys are 37 and 39 years old. Also at 6:06 they give a little comment as if it’s a serious match which is funny.

1 Like

But then there’s this.

Ichiriki Ryo talks about his game with Kono Rin. Some of the variations are quite interesting there, and long.

The game:

1 Like

Hot off the press – Sumire (W) vs former Women’s Meijin ('96-8, 2005) Koyama Terumi.

Skip to the “1-point” (10% in, 07:20) for the real beginning of the video.

This, btw, being the first video on the AGA channel in seven months.

1 Like

It seems they are working on an English channel?

If someone has already posted this, sorry, I do try to keep up.

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Pairgo. Tsururin and Obabuchan. I can recommend skimming through it because they play unusual go.

1 Like