Go World News

2021-09-13T02:30:00Z

This morning on Sina, Yicheng, Yike, Fox and other platforms will broadcast the first game of the 13th Chunlan Cup World Professional Go Championship, with China’s Tang Weixing against South Korea’s Shen Zhenxu. The competition time for each side 2 hours 25 minutes, byo yomi 5 times 1 minute, komi 7.5, the champion prize is $150,000.

On Yke: the game If you go back there is a second board including AI but i dunno which one.
Another one:
with golaxi AI

2 Likes

I was telling myself that Shen Zhenxu really looks like Shin Jinseo… Until I realized they are the same person.

6 Likes

Yep sorry It’s how you say the Chinese characters associated to his Korean name. (Still better as with Japanese names in Chinese)

2 Likes

Second game finished. Shin Jinseo won by resignation.
On Yike there are a bit over 1 800 000 followers of that game…

1 Like

Hello everyone.
I am new to the GO world, does someone know how to follow live the Meijin Title which should be held today?

Thank you

1 Like

You can try IGS, the japanese go server

It looks like it should be live streamed in ~7 hours from now on the Nihon Kiin YouTube channel

2 Likes

Thank you very much !

mmexport1635093733648

1 Like

Starting in a few minutes: 6th European pro qualification.

Follow on Twitch.

3 Likes

https://pandanet-igs.com/communities/agacityleague/287

One thing of note

Policies against AI Cheating:
All players must read and sign the AGA Fairplay Online Go Tournament Rules and Procedures and the AGA Code of Conduct. These documents will be linked to this rules document and the tournament Contacts page. The TD will work closely with the AGA Administration and Fair Play committee to investigate any issues. Issues that are posted on social media before a resolution from the TD and AGA is complete will be subject to sanctions for the course of the tournament.

Webcam rules will be posted to each team and player ahead of the tournament. The rules will be finalized and posted before the end of registration.

If anyone is caught cheating the following will occur: The player will be banned from any Pandanet AGA City League tournament in the future. The team will be disqualified immediately. If the team was eligible for a prize, they will not be for this season.

This plan for cheating may be added to or changed based on Pandanet’s or the AGA’s guidance throughout the year.

2 Likes

China’s Yu Zhiying defeated South Korea’s Cui Jingjiu in the first round of the Fourth Wu Qingyuan Cup Women’s World Go Final.

mmexport1638590629456

3 Likes

December 5th, 2021 “Danghu Ten Bureau Cup” CCTV TV Speed Weiqi (kuaiqi) Competition finals in Pinghu, Zhejiang,
Ke Jie 9p beat Dang Yi Fei 9p and won the championship for the first time.
Ke Jie was crowned TV Kuaiqi Tournament for the first time, winning 300,000 yuan in prize money, the second prize was rmb 120,000.

Note that this blitz format for pros is 1h + 1mn byoyomi (if i understood well that byoyomi thing)

1 Like

Awesome Baduk stream covering/reviewing the Go Seigen Women World Championship final between Choi Jeong 9p and Yu Zhiying 7p.

It’s on at 2022-01-30T14:00:00Z

2 Likes

National Go Team players prepare for the Spring Festival Competition

(From China Go Association 2022-02-02)
After the Spring Festival, the 26th LG Cup Finals
will be held on February 7th, 9th, and 10th on the Internet, between Yang Dingxin
and Shin Jinseo the No. 1 go player in South Korea. It’s a three rounds final.
The second day of the New Year (ndlr 2 feb), Yang Dingxin and Tuo Jiaxi as his sparing partner, join in a training session at Yehuwei in the morning. No holidays for them!
Hua Xueming also came here to visit and train the go players.
More sparring partner are on schedule with Tuo Jiaxi , and the next two days, Dang Yifei and Xie Erhao.
All three sparring partners are also world champions.
Ming Bin, the head coach of the national Go Team, is also among them.

Yang Dingxin is 24 years old and won the 23rd LG in early 2019
He reached the LG Cup final again after a lapse of 3 years.
Shin Jinseo is currently the strongest go player in South Korea and number one of all professionals on goratings.
At present, Yang Dingxin and Shin Jinseo have played against each other 12 times.
Yang Dingxin is leading with 7 wins and 5 losses.

Lin Jianchao visits the training session

4 Likes

I wonder how Shin Jinseo prepares. Sometimes I got a feeling Shin Jinseo used targeted strategies against different opponents.

2 Likes

Tomorrow we also have the (first day of) 3rd match between Iyama Yuta and Ichiriki Ryo for the Kisei Title. The score now is 1-to-1 (best of 7)

3 Likes

3 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

Same studio has previous releases for Gomoku and Othello

1 Like