Go World News

The stream of the second game in above: 41th Woman Honinbou Title
It have same rule like Honinbo competition and other important competition in Japen.
This is a semifinal, final winer can fight against “woman’s Honinbo” generated at last year.

Yeah, it was almost close but Ueno Asami is too good in general, and in squirming out from attacks.

Next game is final against Katou Chie, was it.

2 Likes

a game between Taiwan frmale pro-layer, this game is a part of " 第八屆健喬盃 女子圍棋最強戰"

1 Like

第47期囲碁名人戦七番勝負
The 47th Meijin tournament is now playing first game of final best of 7!
black: Shibano Toramaru
white: Yuta Iyama

1 Like

The 15th King of the Chess Tournament Repechage Final in Taiwan.

Japanese are adoring their kids again.

Some additional info: 小6の栁原咲輝さん準優勝 囲碁ワールドユース選手権 - 産経ニュース

But honestly I have no idea what’s happening. What is this tournament, who plays, how it’s structured. There’s this tweet

that says it’s 16 players (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan and Europe). Confess, who played there from Europe?

But apparently in the end this Yanagihara Saki (11) lost 3.5 to 10 yo Korean representative in final, I think. It’s sort of confusing because no one said anything about this tournament, and now it’s oh by the way, they just played final.

That’s the game I think.

3 Likes

Nihon Kiin published current number of wins ranking for this year.

N Name Wins Losses Total Win%
1 Ueno Asami 37 14 51 0.7255
2 Nakamura Sumire 34 16 50 0.6800
3 Ichiriki Ryou 33 18 51 0.6471
4 Fujisawa Rina 29 12 41 0.7073
5 Nyuu Eiko 28 14 42 0.6667
6 Ida Atsushi 26 12 38 0.6842
6 Suzuki Ayumi 26 17 43 0.6047
8 Koike Yoshihiro 24 9 33 0.7273
9 Hirata Tomoya 23 3 26 0.8846
9 Ootake Yuu 23 5 28 0.8214
9 Katou Chie 23 10 33 0.6970

Makes sense to see many women because they get to play more tournaments. And if you think about it, stronger players are often seeded into later stages of the tournaments so they get to play fewer games. Like Iyama Yuta only played 31 game and obviously against strong opponents, sometimes international. I wonder how did Hirata Tomoya get that 23-3 though.

Also Ueno Asami won Katou Chie.

1 Like

Any more information about this tournament is very welcome if anyone finds it!

Iyama Yuta played Murakawa Daisuke in some tournament, who cares.

But look at the final state.

How many dead stones there, haha. And yet it’s only B+1.5.

4 Likes

After twenty years playing, I still haven’t figured out why games are so often so close. There is some magic in go.

2 Likes

That’s just an artifact of dan and pro level go. It doesn’t exist in real go.

2 Likes

If a game between pros isn’t close, the player who is behind will resign.

2 Likes

In Nihon Kiin starts preliminary tournament for pro qualification.

We could pick our favorites and bet on them.

Also Shinryuusei starts on igoshogi channel so if someone has what was it a thousand yen a month and their country wasn’t kicked out from international payments, you could check it out. Blitz is fun.

Shibano Toramaru won second Meijin game. That’s a cool detailed crisp photo. Looks almost alive.

There’re also artistic representations

Toramaru won but Iyama played a cool move. This one. I like wide caps like that. Although it seems there’s a hole on the left there that can be exploited.

From today’s Sumire game. Pretty fuseki.

As I understand a historical moment didn’t happen today. Fujisawa Rina could’ve won and entered one of the three big leagues as a first female. But didn’t.

6 Likes

Too bad about Rina. I was cheering for her. But Tsuruyama won his Honinbo match and he will go on to the league so I am happy for him.

A mini recap of the Japanese title and league scene. The Meijin title match is on-going. The Oza and Tengen are next. Kisei will be after these next year. Then Judan and then Honinbo.
Meijin: Shibano is challenging Iyama and they are 1-1.
Tengen: Ida Atsushi beat Ichiriki to challenge Seki Koutarou.
Oza: Yo Seiki beat Shibano to challenge Iyama (who took it from Shibano).
Kisei: The winners of C, B, A, and 2 from S league will play. Shibano is top of S league but I think there needs to be a playoff for the 2nd best. Yamashita Keigo won A league. One of these guys will challenge Ichiriki.
Judan: Held be Kyo Kagen but still not to the final rounds yet.
Honinbo: Reiwa’s 3 crows, Yo Seiki, Tsuruyama and more in the final league.

So the days of Ichiriki vs Iyama are over. Whew! … At least until maybe the next Honinbo…

3 Likes

And he is super old compared to everyone else.

https://twitter.com/mainichi_igo/status/1567831739359449089

Good for him for keeping up with the young stars. Takao Shinji is a few years older than Tsuruyama and he is in Kisei S league where he beat Iyama Yuta and Yo Seiki. Takao still has a chance to challenge at this point.

Hane Naoki is as old as Takao and Kono Rin is as old as Tsuruyama and they both do well too.

I like the top players and I like variety, but I have respect for the older players that still keep up, especially Iyama holding everyone back for so long. Even more I have admiration for the Dads and Moms of Go. So when Cho U is on the scene he is the one I cheer for. He’s about Tsuruyama’s age. I’m not sure who else is a parent.

1 Like

this is so interesting when I start to follow proplayer in currently world, I learned go from old game record, old proplayer can fight when they are 70 years old, 42 years old looks like miracle in now era.

1 Like

Check it out, Moscow Cup, round 1. Shikshin against Demen’shin. Hecking destroyed.

I think Shikshin won all the games without much trouble. Somewhat boring.

Well, it’s a 9p against a 3p. If he can win with two stones handicap, he can win with a misclick at move 1.