Guess the black stones

I feel maybe we can slightly extended the deadline for more people to participate, and using @ to notify them and possibly some new comers?

2 Likes

Absolutely, tag anyone you want. :slight_smile:

I guess it’s big news today on top of everything, let’s go for 2021-01-21T18:00:00Z.

1 Like
My Guess

Thanks for hosting, this is pretty interesting and fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This one is hard, I don’t think I’ll get even half of the stones right :stuck_out_tongue:

My guess

3 Likes
My guess, round 6

2 Likes

Maybe we can invite some of the players from the The all in one democratic game to join us when the 2nd polling is still up for discussion. @bugcat @gennan @tonybe @stone.defender and @Groin :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes
My guess

3 Likes
Gia' problem

3 Likes

The answer is…

NOTE: According to the record shown here, the names are Honda Sachiko and Kobayashi Reiko. I don’t know if it’s a mistake, a pronunciation issue or I mixed different games.

Results are below, thank you all for participating, unfortunately I can’t offer any deep commentary on the game, anyone better than me please step in. :slight_smile:

@Harleqin 10 points
@shinuito 4 points
@claire_yang 7 points
@martin3141 11 points
@le_4TC 8 points
@mark5000 13 points
@gennan 7 points
@Groin 8 points

Winner is @mark5000 :trophy:

6 Likes

I was a little bit confused by white’s stone at O11 in the original problem. But it is actually on N11 :wink:.

Not that it matters a whole lot, but it looks like at least @Mark5000 was a bit confused by it too (he even put a black stone on N11).

3 Likes

Damn I messed up the last move. Sowwy :neutral_face:

4 Likes

This is an AlphaGo Teach position. 17 white stones are missing. AlphaGo Teach gives white 56 %.

Get 2 points for correct placements, negative 1 points for incorrect placements. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Since the small board previews no longer work ( :,( @anoek?):

6 Likes

They are completely different people. The final held on 1982-09-29 between Honda Sachiko and Kobayashi Reiko is this.

Kobayashi is a very common family name in Japan, and Sachiko is a personal name (also relatively common for older generation women in Japan),

Kobayashi Chizu(小林 千寿), she is still active, and one of the board of directors of Nihon Kiin

Kobayashi Reiko (小林 禮子) She married to Kobayashi Koichi, hence changed her name from Kitani 木谷 to Kobayashi 小林. She was the daughter of the famous Kitani Minoru

Honda Sachiko (本田 幸子), she was the sister of Sugiuchi Kazuko (née Honda Kazuko), the eldest active pro players in Japan and probably in the world at age 94 this year. And highest-ranking woman Go player and most winning records overall in Japan.

Kondo Sachiko (近藤 幸子), not familiar with her and retired before I was born.

4 Likes
I bet that will end in a negative score

2 Likes

You placed 18 white stones, only 17 were needed. :slight_smile: Feel free to remove one.

Ah my bad. I had doubt with that ponnuki should result from a capture. Nevermind I’m too lazy to go again, screenshot, editing…

Yeah just to clarify, no captures. The highlighted black move is move 35.

Pinging the people who liked my post to submit some guesses :slight_smile: @Gia @le_4TC @yebellz @mark5000

1 Like
EDIT: My guess, round 7

Fun fact: AlphaGo Teach positions run AlphaGo only on the last 20 moves of each variation. Since this variation is 35 moves long, the first 15 moves should be pre-AlphaGo human moves.

1 Like
I tried

I have no idea how AI behaves

2 Likes