Guess the black stones

I got an interesting one, not sure how easy or hard it is, maybe some outside the box thinking required. Total 32 moves, 16 black stones missing.

demo board

I’ll just use the simple scoring rule this time - one guess right is 2 points, and one guess wrong is -1. And set the time for 2 days, the same time as the poll closing.

How is this round of guessing the black stones
  • Too easy - I know it right away
  • Easy - I know these patterns well
  • OK - Some josekis I know, but others confuse me
  • Hard - Most of them don’t make sense to me
  • Too damn hard - What is this I am looking at?

0 voters

2 Likes

wow we simultaneously post one …

And next round is yours

I know this one, so I’ll sit out.

@mark5000 You can still vote for the poll though. And I think you know why I pick this one.

Maybe in the future, we can all added a poll to see how difficult these problems are, make this like a new kind of puzzle beyond tsumego, and have a collection of them.

1 Like
My guess

2 Likes

It’s hard to answer your poll, and you know why!

SPOILER ALERT
Seriously, pitch your answer and then read this
Last chance!

APRIL FOOLS CAME EARLY!

Last last chance

Okay, the poll implies that this game features recognizable patterns or josekis. I think that’s misleading, since the black stones are placed in an experimental way. Getting a positive score will be a tall just by itself. At the same time, I knew the game, so I’m torn between “Too easy” and “Hard/Too damn hard.”

2 Likes
Summary

What’s in the container

Summary

It’s a Russian doll

Summary

What is a Russian doll

Summary

You can open them

Summary

Another one will pop up

Summary

So what’s inside the one, inside the one, inside the one

Summary

It’s our secrete conversation.

Summary

I do make the poll deliberately misleading :fairy: :woman_zombie: But if you know you know.

I think I’ll make the poll anonymous, only reveal after the poll is closed. So even if players who don’t want to submit a reply can also join the thread and interact in some ways.

P.S> Well, I tried to change the vote visibility, but it says I couldn’t after the first 5 minutes. Next time, I’ll make it visible on close. More fun.

3 Likes

Is this one really that hard?
@martin3141
@le_4TC
@gennan
@yebellz
@Gia
@Maharani
@shinuito
And it’s ok just vote for the poll :slight_smile:

I didn’t have time, I plan to in a bit :slight_smile:

I can’t judge honestly, that’s why I haven’t voted.

1 Like

Should I extend the time? I could wait for till the weekend.

Although the poll timer is set cannot be changed.

1 Like
My Guess

I think it’s a weird position. I’ll be surpised if this is a high level game.

1 Like

We have a full day almost, no?
If anyone else needs it, I plan to work on it in a bit.

Take your time, I’ll ask when the poll timer runs out and see if anyone still want to make a guess.

1 Like
Guess

1 Like

I am clueless here. The white stones are mostly scattered around loosely, indicating that most black stones are presumably positioned at a distance to the white stones. Because of this, there seem to be many possibilities. I am having difficulty coming up with a configuration of stones that makes sense in my mind.

I don’t feel confident enough to make a guess here, or let alone estimate how difficult it is.

2 Likes

I already gave a hint, thinking outside the box.

In Go, outside usually means facing toward the center, so thinking inside the box?

1 Like

My apologies. It seems that I had a misunderstanding. Now that’s been clarified, here’s my guess:

Click Me!

8 Likes

I was inspired by this

I had more fun placing the stones. But if you prefer the OGS goban, let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

my guess

5 Likes

Sorry to butt in. Did you know people solve tsumego like this, with only the stones of one color shown? https://youtu.be/JS-NW0rU-Wg Frankly, I’m having a hard time even with two colors. I mean, looking at these problems, how the hell are you supposed to figure it out?

3 Likes

No idea, ask the dans. :woman_shrugging: