Guess the kosumi

This is begging for a programmer to write a quick script that goes through pro games, extracts all positions in which a kosumi was played, and generates a quizz asking the user “White to play. Which kosumi was played?”

3 Likes

Actually, I was wondering if it would be worth a forum game…

3 Likes

Which kosumi did Black play?

5 Likes

H4?

(yes discord that’s a complete sentence)

2 Likes

Maybe the question wasn’t clear. Black played a move which forms a kosumi with one of the black stones already on the board.

2 Likes

For some reason I read kosumi and understood keima :woman_shrugging:

F8

Your move makes sense but it’s not the game move.

1 Like

Does a tiger mouth count as a kosumi?

It counts, but the game move wasn’t a tiger’s mouth (although the tiger’s mouth was played a few moves later).

1 Like
I want it to be

F10

But I have no real clue or reason…

Your answer is not a kosumi. Did you have another intersection in mind?

Oops, don’t know how that happened but I am on my phone and a beer down… Edited!

LOL this game has gotten three out of three moves that are not the asked move: one misunderstanding, one variation and a typo. Ogf’s finest at work :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’ll give the answer, it’s really not obvious.

Answer

E4

The game is here User account | Go4Go I can’t say I really understand the move. I know it’s a double peep but Black’s keima can be cut… And White did cut it just after…

4 Likes

F8 and F10 have both the same problem to weaken the group on the other side, so i wont play any of them unless i feel one to be necessary or/and i know what i m doing (have a precise aim, and have an idea on how i will manage the other side)

1 Like

Many kosumi were played in that game. Black to play a kosumi again.

1 Like
my view

Yes that’d nothing obvious to find.
Asking first how white will answer. If white cut through the keima, the result is still very unclear as black can reduce a lot with B9 and the cutted stone will give a lot of aji.
If white answer first at D4 then black J3 is powerful.

It would be easier if your board had coordinates.

L8 ?

2 Likes

. I think the coordinates are called for too.

Summary

Correct

4 Likes