Handicap 9x9

FWIW, it’s possible to have a dark background.

Click here to see how :)
  1. Click your profile logo in the top right hand corner.
  2. Click the little cog under it to open Preferences.
  3. On the left hand side Click “Interface”
  4. Under “Theme” select "Dark Theme

I guess it’s never exact for a number of reasons:

1. Games can end in “catastrophic collapse” eg when a group is killed thus points differences are swingy as well as resignations early on reducing number of games.
  2. Imo differences between say higher ranks vs differences between lower ranks between themselves don’t seem to be “linear” at all.
  3. Perhaps the above is a useful structure for 2 players to find the optimum handicap BETWEEN THEMSELVES over a number of games - and a good jumping off point for most players to begin with? Like you say a useful reference?

I tried the dark theme but GIANT symbols ended up swamping the screen and not functioning! I just dimmed my own computer’s brightness for the time being. But I use the dark mode for games and it works, so thanks again.

That sounds odd, I’ve never seen or heard of anything like that… Could you take a screenshot of it?

Maybe he found the easter-egg ‘dank theme’.

2 Likes

professional vs amateur, three stones, courtesy of adareme’s blog The First Path

There’s no other Go content on this channel, to save you the trouble of looking.