Help needed! Go Blog authoring tool

EidoGo has serious security problems

EidoGo is heavily dated at this point and has not been updated in a long time. It even suffers from some cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities (a serious security problem), which while they have been reported and a pull request has been submitted to patch the problem, this fix has not been deployed in the main code, since the developer has seemingly abandoned the project. In fact, you can even verify that the main website for that project still suffers from XSS vulnerabilities in two distinct ways: example one and example two. I’ve also discussed this security problem on the fourms here: EidoGo Security Vulnerability Alert

WARNING: Do NOT download and deploy the public source code of EidoGo on your website, unless you fully understand the security problem and can manage manually applying the patch to fix them.

Ok, after tearing down EidoGo, let me shill my own project…

BesoGo: a modern alternative

Full disclosure: I wrote BesoGo and have discussed it previously on the forums here: BesoGo: yet another web-based SGF editor

Basically, it’s software to embed an SGF viewer and/or editor on webpage. Everything is free and open source, so it can also be customized to meet your needs.

You can learn more about it at the BesoGo Project Page or feel free to ask me any questions about how to use it on a website.

Here are some examples of it in action in the Nordic Go Dojo blog posts:

8 Likes