[Help Wanted] Why I Failed?

In this game, I play by black and I think I’ve won but why the system told me White won by great score? Did I get anything wrong by the rule?

1 Like

When you click on the scores at top right, you can see your scores are the sum of the number of stones, territory and komi (for white). The game is scored wrong.

If it is the case, I had the similar issue a couple of minutes ago and fixed it manually. A part of the territory was not marked.

In your game black wins by 17.5 points. Maybe one of you clicked on the board and changed the score, no idea.

And also don’t worry you have a long road ahead. You will win many games.

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean every time when the game ended, the scoring process is not all automated. But when do I need manually operate on it and how can I fix it? Can I find some docs somewhere?

1 Like

It is automated but you are able to change the score by clicking stones. So be careful. If you cannot agree on dead stones with your opponent, you can report the game with score cheating.

Maybe this helps, there is a youtube video in the answers, check it out.

1 Like

Ok I got it. I should learn more.

2 Likes

Thank you again. I find this replying to specific thread not always work. Sad…

2 Likes

Yeah it seems like it was scored badly, black should have won there

1 Like

Your game is scored with Chinese rules. Which counts intersection points/shared borders or stones in addition to territory and dead stones.

Japanese rules only counts the territory and dead stones. Try Japanese rules next. I am sure visually you will find it easier.

And also I am sure you will find it helpful to learn seki at Seki at Sensei's Library

You’re missing the point, it’s not a rules problem, his area literally wasn’t counted. It was a scoring error.

2 Likes

Right but there are squares on each stone which is mind confusing :slight_smile:

I just wanted to teach a beginner :frowning:

1 Like

Your opponent altered the score of the game. Here is the information for how to correct the board during scoring: The game view and playing games · online-go/online-go.com Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

I died for beauty, but was scarce
Adjusted in the tomb,
When one who died for truth was lain
In an adjoining room.

He questioned softly why I failed?
“For beauty,” I replied.
“And I for truth – the two are one;
We brethren are,” he said.

And so, as kinsmen met a night,
We talked between the rooms.
Until the moss had reached our lips,