How does Rengo work at OGS?

Thanks!

You’re in the same team as me in that rengo game :wink:

1 Like

I don’t do it much lately, but I usually bookmark a few games I want to follow.

1 Like

See, I told y’all this was a feature :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

6 Likes

Coming late. I do appreciate the effort here. Very nice indeed. Long life to rengo on OGS!

3 Likes

What would be the best way of going about playing consultation games on OGS? I know there’s the Rengo feature, but it is implied that consultation is forbidden when using that mode.

1 Like

What’s a “consultation game”?

I could guess what you mean, but it’d be better to describe it to be sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I mean games where you can freely discuss strategy with your team during play.

I’ve played Rengo games where we were very loose on the “no talking” rule. As long as all parties agree, I don’t think you will get in trouble.

I agree with Benito.

In fact, I think that “Casual” brings the perfect forum for this.

In “strict” rengo, I think that rengo rules, including no talking, should be expected.

In “Casual”, I think you have the opportunity to define it up front, and as long as all participants agree and are not suprised, you can do what you like.

OK: agree with everyone before you start (in the chat window in the team management pane) that chat is expected

Not OK: chatting about the game after it starts without agreeing beforehand.

3 Likes

Weird how this discussion is occurring in two different thread simultaneously. For my rebuttal, see Consultation Games - #12 by Conrad_Melville

1 Like

Yes - for some reason the original suggester suggested it twice, once in each of two differnent threads :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I must admit, I may have cast too wide of a net😅. I motion to consolidate future discussion to the other dedicated post:

2 Likes

I just saw some rengo games with autostart of 1000. Is this as stupid as I think it is (most players won’t ever get a move)?

1 Like

Stupid is in the eye of the beholder I guess… I think it is saying to potential players “this is going to be a big game, do you want to be part of a record-holding rengo game at OGS?”

IIRC the large auto start number ratcheted up like an auction in the early days…

I think it does work exactly like you think. However, the most likely outcome (if the game even starts in the first place) is that many of the players will just resign or time out.

1 Like

Maybe they enjoy the anticipation of finding out if they get a move :smiley:

Maybe I should implement “team-shuffle” feature, so no-one knows who’s up next :wink:

3 Likes

So it’s basically a “Kilroy wasn’t here” internet graffiti wall :wink:

2 Likes

We cater for all needs :smiley: Well, almost all, except the need for no default rengo setting I guess :smiley:

1 Like

I support this idea

1 Like

Is that an option? What is the default? :joy: