How does Rengo work at OGS?

Agree, this is exactly what I mean.

Forget the term task force (too heavy, too much hierarchy and too static).

It is more like a platform where we - the community - work together on improving / updating the Documentation & FAQ.

3 Likes

I agree. It can be uploaded to the Documentation.

I will copy it to the github wiki then.

5 Likes

I will link the game creation modal help icon to the wiki after that.

Just realised something. Under 1.5 Ethical Requirements, should we mention you can ask permission for or suggest resignation?

2 Likes

This feature looks super fun. Is there any way to invite a friend and make sure that we are on the same team in a rengo challenge?

1 Like

Contact the organiser and put forward your wish.
Or organise a rengo game yourself.
As an organiser you assign players to a team.

2 Likes
  • If I resign in a casual rengo game, will I still be able to easily watch the remainder of the game?

I ask because I am currently playing in a rengo game where I want to resign because we lost a big group and I see no way to come back. However, itā€™s a casual rengo, so when I resign, the game will keep going without me, and when that happens Iā€™d like to be able to keep watching it.

I assume that once I resign, the game will no longer be in my ā€œActive gamesā€. But it will also not be finished, so I donā€™t think it will be in my ā€œGame Historyā€ either?

This is false, considering how things are now that game would keep being in your active games list.
This probably answers every question .

1 Like

Thanks!

Youā€™re in the same team as me in that rengo game :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t do it much lately, but I usually bookmark a few games I want to follow.

1 Like

See, I told yā€™all this was a feature :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

6 Likes

Coming late. I do appreciate the effort here. Very nice indeed. Long life to rengo on OGS!

3 Likes

What would be the best way of going about playing consultation games on OGS? I know thereā€™s the Rengo feature, but it is implied that consultation is forbidden when using that mode.

1 Like

Whatā€™s a ā€œconsultation gameā€?

I could guess what you mean, but itā€™d be better to describe it to be sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I mean games where you can freely discuss strategy with your team during play.

Iā€™ve played Rengo games where we were very loose on the ā€œno talkingā€ rule. As long as all parties agree, I donā€™t think you will get in trouble.

I agree with Benito.

In fact, I think that ā€œCasualā€ brings the perfect forum for this.

In ā€œstrictā€ rengo, I think that rengo rules, including no talking, should be expected.

In ā€œCasualā€, I think you have the opportunity to define it up front, and as long as all participants agree and are not suprised, you can do what you like.

OK: agree with everyone before you start (in the chat window in the team management pane) that chat is expected

Not OK: chatting about the game after it starts without agreeing beforehand.

3 Likes

Weird how this discussion is occurring in two different thread simultaneously. For my rebuttal, see Consultation Games - #12 by Conrad_Melville

1 Like

Yes - for some reason the original suggester suggested it twice, once in each of two differnent threads :woman_facepalming:

1 Like