How to create a go ai neural network?

Sorry if this is counted as spam, but I seriously need to know how you make a Go board and Stones and Create a Neural net work to train it. then running a program with it. can someone please tell me

Here’s the code for LeelaZero and here’s the paper it was based on, iirc.

3 Likes

But that doesn’t answer half of my questions, I mean how do they create a go board along with stones then how do they create a neural network. And last question how do you train the neural network.

3 Likes

3 Likes

:confused: no one is answering how to make a go board or stones

1 Like

I think you’re seriously underestimating the complexity of a neural network Go bot.

This is probably one of the best explanations of neural networks though, maybe that helps a little.

2 Likes

In case you want to write a go program from scratch:

I linked above “deep learning and the game of go”.
It’s 389 pages about how to write an go AI including

3.1.1 Implementing the Go Board

2 Likes

Is there a pdf or something for ‘‘deep learning and the game of go’’?

2 Likes

I meant a pdf that doesn’t cost anything.

How candid of you.

3 Likes

I meant a pdf that doesn’t cost anything.

If you ever spend hundreds or thousands of hours making a computer game, let me have it for free too. Your hard work has nothing to do with my desire for entertainment.

Do you see the problem here?

Uh. I would give it, just because he worked hard for it doesn’t mean i should pay 44 just for something that is not going to help much, I wasn’t asking for the intention of creating one but for a example of how it works. and it’s not for entertainment tbh, you’d be surprised how many people just use pdfs.

Easy for you to say that without going through the hassle of hard work. If Deep Learning and the Game of Go isn’t going to help much with your query then I don’t know if there’s much else we can do for you.

2 Likes

If you just want an example of how it works, just read the AlphaGo paper, and download the LZ source code if you want an example implementation. You don’t need to know how to create the UI if you don’t have any actual intention of creating anything

2 Likes

I did hard work before, if you mean making a book about deep neural network than you’re right I haven’t.

If you plan to learn how to develop a client for go and have no experience with building any client (which I suspect since you ask about building the board and stones), I would advice to start with an easier project first. There are tons of free programming tutorials on creating Pong or Tetris, those are good starters. Go is not fundamentally more difficult, but it will be a step up from those two games for sure.

If it’s about deep learning, once again starting with an ambitious project such as a go AI might be a little hasty. I would start with handwriting recognition or recognising simple shapes first. Those take a lot less time to train as well, so you can see the fruits of your labour faster. Go takes a lot of work and tricks, it’s not for nothing that this had been the largest next challenge for AI since beating Kasparov at Chess 20 years prior.

1 Like

source code: https://github.com/maxpumperla/deep_learning_and_the_game_of_go

There are several open sourced libraries that implement the goboard / stones GUI including the backend data structure that holds all the game info. Take a look at this page:

pick one in your favorite language and start playing with the tutorials. The list is far from complete, BTW—poke around on github and you’ll find others.