Hurt/Heal Fuseki

Hurt Mark II
Heal Nirensei

hurt mark heal sei

What’s the score? It’s probably over now?

2 Likes

Nirensei 25

Mark II Kobayashi Formation is out

Mark got eliminated on this post

It’s OVER!

@Samraku, can you put the final standings on the first post?

4 Likes

yay!!!
hype!

1 Like

I’d need a mod to do that.

2 Likes

Noooo, rip mark ;________;

2 Likes

Final standings

5 Likes

I wonder how long it’d take for sei to get down to 0.

What if we had a Hurt/Heal Joseki

2 Likes

Why not just play an entire game of go with a separate hurt/heal game to select each move?

3 Likes

The aga stream that time at the online go Congress did a twitch plays go. Although when I tuned in it wasn’t a proper vote, it was here’s one reasonable move and one silly move, choose between those.

Since people like polls you could try play something like poll go, although the polls on here don’t seem to have open options and I wouldn’t fancy typing in a list of all coordinates into the poll as options. Maybe writing a script to print them to a text file and copy pasting?

2 Likes

I don’t plan to run another one of these, but I was considering hurt/heal joseki, Famous Games, and AG games (probably only Fan Hui, Lee Sedol, and Ke Jie games).

Things I would recommend doing the same as here would be to have the HP healed be strictly less than the HP hurt, and to require both for a vote to be valid. Things I would change would be to split the standings into a second post which can be made into a wiki.

EDIT: I will participate if someone else hosts it; the reason I stopped liking and replying to this thread over the past few weeks is because I was using my activity in the thread to help track which posts had not yet been counted. This is now a moot point as the game is completed.

EDIT 2: I would recommend a short period of at least a week after you come up with the rules and candidates and post them, to either ruminate on them and possibly improve them, or to get suggestions for additions or modifications, before beginning the game.

1 Like

What if we had staff members for it?

What do you mean?

I mean like there are like a few people making sure they didn’t vote twice a day or counting the score.

Oh, I thought you meant like “Hurt/Heal Moderators”, or “Which moderator is the best (Hurt/Heal)”

2 Likes

Now it is even better.That sounds fun but there are only 25 mods.Which is one more l am guessing ppl will vote for mods that reject friend or warned them.

1 Like

Was this the longest-ever forum game?

I tried to do the math, but could not see how could it possibly have taken 5 years to complete. Now I see that it got forgotten not once, but twice. It’s incredible that it was actually finished.

4 Likes

I just started the thread for the new game , I am having ppl vote for what to hurt and heal

1 Like