Hurt/Heal Fuseki

Heal Chinese
Hurt Lei

Ys, I am aware of that. I am aware also that my posts in this thread sound a bit silly, but I am not so stupid that I donā€™t know that in GO, if you want to learn to play well, you have to think. The thing is that I am not particularly interested in learning, nor thinking, since I already have a very brain-challenging job. I am interested in a few minutes of thoughtless distraction while my program compiles or while I need a break or when I am simply tired. I have found that with chess these simple-minded breaks are not possible. With GO they are possible, but - of course - I donā€™t really learn anything and I will always be stuck at the 18k - 20 k level, which is fine with me. Which might be why I prefer the diagonal opening, because it seems to be a bit less strategic and more about silly local fights.

2 Likes

This makes complete sense to me. I feel on the cusp of deciding to stop further go study and choosing to be satisfied with just playing without the pressure (on myself) to improve.

1 Like

Nah, I was playing a bunch of 1 min bullet chess for a while. (As in, one minute time for all of your moves. Games guaranteed to run less than two minutes.) You can get pretty far without any thought whatsoever. Go will always take longer, since thereā€™s something like three times as many moves in an average Go game.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s my problem here, although itā€™s quite interesting topic.
I guess these quite popular chosen fusekis would be covered by 1/5 of a fuseki dictionary.
Adding a ā€œuncategorised fusekiā€ option would have been nice for the 4/5

1 Like

Apparently people are still interested in this? I guess I may as well update the standings. I donā€™t think I can edit the OP, so Iā€™ll just paste the standings down here. If Iā€™m missing something and can still update the OP Iā€™ll do so.

Chinese 13
Cross Hoshi 7
Lei 14
Mark II Kobayashi Formation 6
Micro Chinese 26
Nirensei 27
Small Chinese 27

8th: Mukai Komoku
9th: Orthodox
10th: Kobayashi
11th: Kenka Komoku
12th: Jabberwocks
13th: Shusaku
14th: Miyamoto
15th: Regulation
16th: Tasuki
17th: Split
18th: Manchurian
19th: Hosaiā€™s Formation
20th: Sub-Orthodox Formation
21st: Yonrensei
22nd: Swedish
23rd: Sanrensei
24th: Gorensei

Updated: post 385

4 Likes

Sub-orthodox, Sanrensei, Tasuki, And Gorensei had already been eliminated at the time of the votes.

1 Like

Another way to implement this and other similar games would be to use the wiki feature on this forum. Basically, a post can be converted to a wiki that allows anyone to edit it.

2 Likes

Heal lei
Hurt small chinese

If we could reach to have a winner before AI with itā€™s magic stick change all these in dinosaurs

3 Likes

Standings

Chinese 16
Mark II Kobayashi Formation 8
Micro Chinese 20
Nirensei 32
Small Chinese 20

6th: Lei
7th: Cross Hoshi
8th: Mukai Komoku
9th: Orthodox
10th: Kobayashi
11th: Kenka Komoku
12th: Jabberwocks
13th: Shusaku
14th: Miyamoto
15th: Regulation
16th: Tasuki
17th: Split
18th: Manchurian
19th: Hosaiā€™s Formation
20th: Sub-Orthodox Formation
21st: Yonrensei
22nd: Swedish
23rd: Sanrensei
24th: Gorensei

Updated: post 437

4 Likes

Heal Mark II Kobayashi
Hurt Cross Hoshi

1 Like

Seeing that there are only 7 choices and seeing the age of the topic, we could maybe give the opportunity to the people who voted before 2017 to vote once again?

1 Like

How do you mean? Everyone can vote once a day until thereā€™s only one candidate left, so no reason for them not to join in again unless theyā€™re no longer interested, of course.

2 Likes

Happy moment, everyone

A lot of people that were active pre-2017 are no longer active on these forums. The game has outlasted their participation.

3 Likes

If we complete it now, will it be the longest running forum game here?

EDIT: for a given definition of running.

3 Likes

I think it already is the longest running forum game.

If we never complete it, then it canā€™t ever be overtaken.

Hurt Cross Hoshi
Heal Chinese

2 Likes

I did read that, how did it jump out of my brain?
Thanks.

By the way I push DDK and even more beginner to participate as I really appreciate their yet not corrupted intuition

2 Likes

Cross-Hoshi hanging on by a very flimsy thread. :smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s quite remarkable that this game is older than the strong AI era and the fuseki/joseki revolution that its advent has wrought.

3 Likes

dunno what cross hoshi is but I will heal it so it doesnā€™t die.

no clue what nirensei is either, but it has the most votes so I will hurt it.

3 Likes