I feel like this needs live OGS kibitzing: Shibano Toramaru 7p vs AI (abematv)

I don’t know if this link will work here, but here we go

5 Likes

They just went through the Super Basic Rules of Go for Beginners and it was adorable

Cross cut game

very interesting how they’re constantly showing the AQ layer

It appears you can leave comments there without registration.

I’m kind of impressed with black’s invasion of the upper left corner - that was so smooth

The link shows shogi at the end. lol

2 Likes

There’s a shoji symbol in the lower left corner of the screen - I’m assuming it’s the show’s logo?

1 Like

also - it’s a really intense game and Shibano is running short on time

That 30 sec timer really ramps up the tension!

white has to make two weak groups live in the middle - yikes

Please create a demo and kibitz in the demo chat. This is hurting my eyes.

2 Likes

sorry about that - I didn’t realize this wouldn’t be appropriate for a discussion thread - I’ve been on and off my 'puter, so I didn’t know if I could track the entire game move-by-move

I also didn’t know how to invite people to a demo, so i figured I’d be talking to myself

again, sorry if I stepped on any toes

1 Like

I think this is fine for a highlights play by play. If others don’t want to read it they can just mute the thread.

For future reference, if you do have the time to watch the whole game and did want to relay the match onto a demo board, feel free to use the ‘call a moderator’ button on the right hand side game menu and request an announcement and we should be able to hook you up :slight_smile:

And of course you can also post here saying “I’m hosting a relay over at ~link to your demo board~”

3 Likes

Thanks for the how-to: I was actually wondering that exact thing last night.

By the way - does anyone have the result of the match or a link to an SGF of the game? According to the on-screen information, it looked like AQZ was in a pretty solid lead for most of the game, but it would be interesting to see where the turning points were, etc.

Also - if anybody has similar results or SGF files for the AQZ match against Nakamura Sumire from last week that would be great.

I’ve had a surprisingly hard time finding any other info about these 2 matches, besides various forum posts announcing them… (on reddit, etc)

any sgf out there?

thanks

1 Like

Don’t know who created the demo, but you can transcribe it from this video if you want.

2 Likes

Great idea, just starting now… should be finished in about half an hour :slight_smile: Globis-AQZ v Shibano Toramaru 7p

Edit: finished transcribing video,

Edit : game was incomplete but smurph got the full game here

5 Likes

thank you both!

Unfortunately, that video has only about 1/2 of that game - on TV they took it to the very end, and both sides passed, etc - so the whole empty middle chunk there got filled in