I hate tournaments

Yes, of course.
But there are people who can play 50 games on a fast pace and people who struggle playing 10 games at a time.

I just wanted to point out that people are different and some of them like to have hundreds of games and that doesn’t mean that they are playing slowly.

On the other hand, you could without any doubt find some players with just a handful of games using all their time to make a move.

Number of games and speed aren’t related.

They are related.

This is my experience: when I look at the number of games my correpondence has there is almost always a correlation with how long they are taking.

This doesn’t mean that some people are not able to play a ton of correspondence games quickly.

Buit as an experience, I find that there are people who play another move in one of their few games - quickly progressing those - and there are people who play move in the next game in their huge list. If you are at the bottom of that list, you wait. In general.

This is why I check the number of games a person has before challenging them in a ladder, for example.

I just realised that this is why it matters - tournies and ladders, where you don’t get to chose the time setting.

In general play, the answer to this complaint would be “choose the time setting that suits you”.

In ladders, you have no choice. In tournies, you have at best a difficult choice: either don’t participate, or play with the slow people at the minimum speed of the tourney game setting

5 Likes

Yep, I have also experienced when people are losing, they put it as low priority list and play minimum move to survive. I wonder why, and refuse to let my temper out to cause a loss for myself, lol

And when I say losing, it’s not mid game 30% winrate …

2 Likes
3 Likes

@Kosh would you be able to help mark the first three tournaments complete please? I’ve contacted the hosts who just don’t respond or take action.

All the tournaments have ongoing games with no good reason for a mod to intervene. It is beyond my powers to remove them from your home/profile page while they continue.

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t really know how to read the status of the tournament, though the RD of the 1st 3kyu to 3 Dan mentioned in the tournament chat that it is done.

If not, it is fine. That’s the most hanging around my page anyway.