I used an AI to make paintings using only the terms “Baduk” and “Weiqi.” Thoughts?

New game: can you reverse-engineer the prompt that led to these two images with craiyon?

image image

3 Likes

2 Likes

10 Likes

The second one even features a stone on the 0th line!

1 Like

6 Likes

Here’s a decent one from Midjourney. I’m having a hard time getting standard size stones, they always look like marbles of different shapes and sizes…

7 Likes

6 Likes

Dalle 3 is available to anyone for free at https://www.bing.com/images/create

9 Likes

11 Likes

I love these. They’re impressive.

I’d love to know the prompts too.

3 Likes

Albert might not be the best go player. But he is clearly outplaying Mona Lisa!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Mona Lisa’s smile is saying: “Don’t worry, I’m playing as white.”

3 Likes

Yeah these look very cool!

Sometimes the result looks cool but has nothing to do with a prompt. If I would post prompt, I would dislike to post the “failed” result. To have courage to post any cool result, better don’t post the prompt.

the main trick is: write “Weqi Baduk Go Gomoku” instead of just “Go”

1 Like

Have we done the classic scene with C-3PO and Chewbacca already?

8 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

I like this thread. Original ideas transformed by AI into (at times even fascinating) art.
At the same time I have ambivalent feelings about this thread. Given the enormous energy drain that is inherent to the AI industry, it feels a bit decadent to use it for this pass time art in a time that sustainability is a - pardon me for the pun - hot topic.
But maybe I am too strict.

Thoughts? :grinning:

3 Likes

There is the somewhat related question of: should you be using streaming services, since they also have a large energy consumption? In this case it turns out streaming or not is largely irrelevant, the most relevant question is the screen size you are using.

So here the question is probably: Instead of ‘wasting’ one’s time with using image generating AI creatively, what else would one be doing in that time? Watching soccer on a wall sized screen for example? Or having a walk in the park?

1 Like

Solution: move all GPU farms to the Netherlands so that AI energy expenditure will always be less than or equal to that of the Netherlands.

8 Likes