I want to promote my stream when I play on OGS

Hello. I am a Korean go streamer(‘Ternamja’ is my twitch account) and have been streaming for about 2 yrs. I see promotions about streaming on OGS and I want to have one. How can I get a promotion? People say I can ask for a promotion but no one tells me HOW.

Thank you in advance.

10 Likes

Welcome to OGS. Hope you enjoy your stay.
I expect that a moderator will contact you.

You can also try the following email adres, but I am not sure if this is the correct way.

Good luck!

3 Likes

I know this is not the place for suggestions and feedback, but how hard would it be to implement an automatic system like lichess?

This is from their profile streaming options:

Then the streamers get promoted on the side of the main dashboard page (when you log in):

Probably would save time, you wouldn’t have to add and promote streamers manually (unless there’s a reason for having this manual control).

EDIT: I don’t watch streams that often, but I’ve seen plenty of people playing on OGS on twitch, with no mention that they were playing on OGS (or a link to online-go.com).

EDIT2: I searched for your stream @avogaterro, I think I’ve actually seen you play a bit!
This is what I was talking about, it would be publicity for OGS if streamers use “online-go.com” on their titles, and in return they get an automatic promotion on OGS

10 Likes

There’s a system that lets streamers announce themselves, once they are approved to use it… but a more streamer specific system might have advantages for sure.

4 Likes

I think it’s one of the things “on the list” that just hasn’t quite made it to the top yet.

2 Likes

Meanwhile… what in fact should the OP do at this point?

2 Likes

I guess we just give him announcer with the usual warning that any abuse will see it taken away? :man_shrugging:
That’s how all the other streamers get their promotions…

3 Likes

Ternamja is one of the more active dan level streamers. Not inappropriate and I couldn’t see him abusing it.

12 Likes

Hello avogaterro and welcome to the forums.

I have given you the announcement rights on OGS and will follow up with details in PM :slight_smile:

6 Likes

On a somewhat related note, is there some kind of poster id that manifests itself to the front-end? There are some streamers who aren’t necessarily abusive, but they post more often than I’d like, and I never have the urge to click…

Would be great to hide posts from specific posters :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not currently included as all announcements are regrettably being bootstrapped through the thoroughly ovsrworked sitewide announcement system. There is a current (though very slow) notification system rework over on GitHub that this suggestion probably belongs in, if not already there :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh cool that’s a long thread >.< But I checked the spreadsheet, and it looks like someone added that feedback in November.

Just to be clear, I DO like finding out about new events/streamers this way (best of luck to you @avogaterro- I’ll check out the stream sometime!). There is just a small minority that post too much for my taste

3 Likes

Thank you for answering. Visit my stream someday!

Thank you for answering. I’ll keep that in mind.

Thank you for answering, and I am glad that you have seen me playing on OGS! FYI, I always put above the board on which server I am playing, like “SERVER : OGS”. :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you for supporting me, my friend. I will not abuse it. :wink:

1 Like

I really appreciate it. I promise that I will not abuse the right, and that I will stream on OGS often.(In fact, I already do.)

Thank you again.

2 Likes

Thank you for wishing me luck! I’ll use it just when I start the stream. So, don’t worry about it. I hate spamming messages as well.

3 Likes