Images of newer times

“I think I left the iron on!”

So, I only posted the image, which I admit does invite captioning, because it’s the image thread.

However, I think some context is deserved, for out of fairness to all three people involved.

The game is over already…

4 Likes

The most dead your stones can ever be :wink:

It’s chess but I like it

8 Likes

A little Very scary :fearful:, but speaks volumes about the confidence players of that calibre have!

3 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Ladder puzzle

Did you know that Ke Jie’s birthday is August 2nd?

8 Likes

Man, Tal was awesome…

2 Likes

https://www.yankodesign.com/2019/05/24/go-a-game-from-millenniums-ago-has-just-received-a-refresh/

4 Likes

More than a bit pretencious if you ask me ^^. Also saw no link to any shop, so I assume it’s just some pretty conceptual art.

4 Likes

pretty neat, but i probably wouldnt prefer it over a conventional board.

the page didnt provide any information on how the thing actually works, so im not quite sure how it handles counting and prisoners for example (though i assume itll do the work for you?). also… price upon request? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Because the world needs more electronic devices.

2 Likes

Im assuming if the picture above was ever something played in ancient times, a king on a balcony faced his mentor tower, ass-u-meing that, if I’m the captured stone a spring round house or axe kick is otw.

1 Like

https://home.yikeweiqi.com/#/gonews/detail/27171

5 Likes
1 Like

Here’s a gallery of photos between an international pair go match of the “dream team” composed of Nakamura Sumire (10yo) & Fukuoka Koutarou (13yo) representing Japan versus Wu Yiming (呉依銘, 12yo) & Huzhi Hao (胡子豪, 12yo) representing China.

The final board, China (white) won:

source:

7 Likes

Is that cube with shiny green light the timer? Or what?

It’s pair go, so it probably indicates whose turn out of the two players it is. Judging by the cords, there is another one on the boys’ side. The timer is also on the boys’ side.

3 Likes

Of course! Right, nice!

Last time I saw those I came up with this bright theory that they were ice cubes. You’ve saved me some embarrassment if I ever visit Japan. :man_facepalming:t3:

In case anyone’s interested, here is the kifu for that pair go, courtesy of @S_Alexander.

4 Likes