Images of newer times

Can’t omit the credits here:

This is done by @KyamiRefur, the artist behind Stoned on the Goban

She’s the same, BTW, who plays that awesome simultaneous (!) one-colour (!) Go in that photo somewhere else here.

1 Like

She needs to find an online go site that has a dark theme :wink:

2 Likes

Gee… if only there were such a thing :wink: although she seems to have found a go site that can rotate her go board… so that’s something! :smiley:

1 Like

@KyamiRefur love the ko mug by the way! Nice little touch :wink:

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes

15 Likes

Do you have more info on this? This looks really interesting :smile:

It’s a Korean tournament, to make it more interesting to watch, players wear masks and have nicknames. Loser is eliminated and takes off the mask, and winner advances forward. Even in a post game interview they distort winner’s voice.

I’ll make a playlist of the games, maybe.

11 Likes

That is quite genious

2 Likes

Man, I wonder if we could have a feature like that: “Masked Tournament”. Would that be fun in an online context?

2 Likes

Isn’t that one of the main reasons people create alts? To disguise their identity?

I’m not quite seeing the connection.

While it’s true that people create alts to disguise their identity, I was more wondering whether a tournament where the identity of the players is disguised, ideally with fun mask avatars showing, would be fun in an online context.

In the real life context it’s made fun by seeing the players with their masks and the unveiling of who lost and wondering who is winning.

I wonder if this would be fun in an online (and correspondence) context?

(Edit: oops, this should be a separate thread!)

1 Like

Courtesy of @S_Alexander, OGS FTW…

8 Likes

No, no, no, that’s Bhydden’s find :wink:

If I remember correctly we had suggestions to hide ranks at least to help people play the game and not the opponent.

2 Likes

Eugene you’re having a bad day for due diligence :joy: are you letting work distract you or something? :wink:

Is that real?
Western people in a classroom playing go online. Looks quite weird to me.

Two of them are apparently playing against each other.

Is that the new Nick Sibicky’s class? :laughing:

3 Likes

@Lys yes it is real…

5 Likes

Fun fact: Nur-Sultan is (re)named after former President Nursultan Nazarbayev. It follows the tradition of naming capitals after national leaders, like Ho Chi Minh City and, indeed, Washington DC.

1 Like

I noticed that as well. Then I had to check all of the other monitors to see if anyone else was

5 Likes