Images of newer times

Streets in Italy looks like Go board now.
#keep_distance

9 Likes
17 Likes

I never fully appreciated how stressful the game can be for the stones themselves. Now I’m thinking maybe I should treat them to something better than the cardboard boxes I’ve been keeping them in.

Interesting about the bulky-five formation in the lower right. I’m curious how that sequence played out, but I don’t suppose there are records for cartoon games.

4 Likes

I hadn’t thought of it that way :scream:
Way to go, adding another group of inanimate objects I must be careful not to hurt their feelings :unamused:

7 Likes

This brings to mind Chad Oliver’s hilarious fantasy short story, “Transformer,” about the life of the villagers in a child’s toy railroad layout (F&SF, Nov. 1954, reprinted in his first collection, Another Kind). This classic story undoubtedly inspired (to put it kindly) the famous Toy Story movies.

4 Likes

Parks in San Francisco are even more like that

11 Likes

That’s really fantastic!

One of the kind people teaching me once said “Imagine every cut as if it has a knife through it” … this picture kind of helps with that with those cross looking faces “biting at” the cuts…

2 Likes

Just wish more people would promote the superior DarkTheme™ :grin:

6 Likes

Cute go board:
tree

9 Likes

Some more OGS advertisement

2 Likes

zoogs (zoom-ogs)

6 Likes

Red wins

3 Likes

This is really very cute hope it is a addition to OGS in no time

There is .(I think)

Who’s turn is it?

1 Like

Red’s, because there are 5 red stones and 6 yellow stones. (Of course discounting the possibility of a capture).

2 Likes

Well then there is a capture in my book.

2 Likes

That’s me there.

7 Likes

From AZ right now. I was visiting family. Heading back home a day early.

5 Likes

I landed on twitch today just in time to witness that moment when Katago (white) imitates Lee Sedol and plays a broken ladder for the win.

The bottom black group cannot escape.

9 Likes