Images of newer times

A go software for you, now small stone faces can be in your games too.

12 Likes

Looks like it’s not just OGS that has AI review…

That is awesome!!! :heart_eyes:

I have the feeling that they are not playing go but an early version of Hex on a go board. With the ‘winning’ move white succeed in creating a pathway link his sides of the board.

Does anyone know who these guys are?

19 Likes

Forever tournament future monument ?

6 Likes

I spent the greater part of my night and morning learning blender, here’s my first ever render:

Bonus points if you recognise the game.

The cause was actually to find a way of making another custom skin for OGS, like this one, but then realistic.

19 Likes

My statue in a game against u?

Clearly, … no.

Post it in Community Geoguesser… they’ll find it if anyone can :smiley:

4 Likes

Yep, looks like a Geoguessing challenge. But many pictures look like a Geoguessing challenge to me lately. :wink:

2 Likes

GIMF and I’m not a Geoguesser, but I found this

6 Likes

The board looks amazing.
The stones look quite artificial but I couldn’t say if it’s because of the rendering or just because of the shining material.

I’d love to see classic slate and shell. Could the matte finish of slate be a challenge?

1 Like

It’s actually easier to make them matte. The stones are definitely a work in progress, there are multiple things that I don’t understand at all yet. I want them to be less reflective, but also not matte. Basically have them be more transparent, but tweaking the standard options don’t really work for me so far, thus I have to dive deeper into the modular shader labyrinth… It’s a lot of fun to play with, though. It’s like a modular synth, but then visual. Getting the gridlines embedded into the surface and giving them a lacquered texture was a lot of fun.

I also don’t know anything about render settings, and there are quite some artefacts and noise that I don’t know how to reduce.

Also, I’m planning on adding surface imperfections to the stones. The wood texture already came with surface imperfections, but for the stones I’ll have to do it manually.

4 Likes

Surface imperfections is going to be a big thing to make the stones look more real. A little bit goes a long way.

As for noise in the final render, adding in the AI de-noiser does wonders to clean this up quickly without adding more samples.

3 Likes

Fujisawa Rina

1 Like

Then there is me, destroying the whole board when i drop one captured stone :laughing:
Is this some kind of training? Or just showing off his stone placement skills?

2 Likes

My sister wants to play a game. One might say we are a somewhat dramatic household.

26 Likes

Nice, Sumire also likes to twist her arm like that.
(Lost to Seo Nungwuk 1-2 but with chances in all games, I think)

3 Likes

Courtesy of Bill Taylor on Sensei’s Library

22 Likes