Images of newer times

Is that whole mess seki? I kinda don’t want to believe it is but it certainly looks like it

4 Likes

____ groups

3 Likes

Much like WARGAMES - the only winning move is not to play…

8 Likes

that’s amazing

1 Like

Reddit thread

14 Likes

Japanese onilne go salon on OGS

9 Likes

One more cat…

17 Likes

Pandanet championship final album: https://vk.com/album-84673794_273090011

You could also read a post about it but you’ll need to google translate (unless you won’t) https://gofederation.ru/blogs/posts/424270076

4 Likes

My OGS photo in its full glory.

14 Likes

Crossposting from the highly regrettable post by @yebellz at Visualize go this way, instantly make it 30 times easier to count - #22 by yebellz

10 Likes

I regret nothing!

7 Likes

HYPERMODERN GO CONCEPT

18 Likes

This should in meme. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

No one is stopping you…

1 Like

b0.5_190pixels_3colors
Hey, I have been using this pixelated finished game as my profile picture for a while.

I will be the face of the hypermodern Go.

24 Likes

The star points are not correctly marked in this diagram… surely the dot should be in the middle of the square…

10 Likes

This issue was brought up in a response to the similar post:

However, upon considering it further, I preferred the way it looks on the intersection. Since we are deliberately diverging from tradition, I put it there to instead highlight the importance of all four points that surround it (33, 34, 44). Also, this type of landmark is also seen in shogi, despite the playing pieces in the game being placed inside the squares.

Dropping the side and tengen hoshi was done for convenience and also in reference to modern fuseki’s emphasis on the corners.

5 Likes

The star points should not be points at all, but star… squares. Instead of a dot, the squares could be marked with a square border inside them. The marks will be helpful for seeing the middles of the sides and tengen, which easily get lost visually.

They could be called the earth squares!

4 Likes

Note that the star points already are little squares. I’m not too sure exactly what you mean by a square board inside.

I kind of like how a more direct sense of the center of each side and tengen are missing in this scheme. It creates a feeling for me that only the corners are more firmly grounded, while everything else needs to be found and felt in relation to what we build from them.

Star points could also be squares with a different colour. As in traditional board, they will be hidden by stones played on them.

1 Like