Images of newer times

Yeah I think it’s four 9x9’s stuck together.

It is pretty cool though. They just need a strip that you can put down the middles.

3 Likes

I’m not convinced about the pleasure to rotate for each stone. But It’s nice to see some material variant.

5 Likes

Admit it, it’s because you can’t eat the forbidden mentos. :upside_down_face::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For some reason, the photo of the computer screen where AlphaGo resigns (in that famous game vs. Lee Sedol) doesn’t show here anymore, and while I still have that file on my machine, the forum tells me this when I try to upload it again:

Does anyone have an idea what’s happening?

TIA
Tom

OK, I have re-uploaded the image, this time with extension JPG instead of JPEG :man_shrugging:

https://asiadesignprize.com/exhibition/84803

12 Likes

Good innovation… for online go future.
How can they think it’s better than board and stones? Besides if you play go with your jogging partner.

2 Likes

How can they think it’s better than board and stones?

Once rolled up it’s smaller so easier to carry than even a portable go set. Probably lighter too.

3 Likes

The rolling to reset is a nice idea too. I just think it’s not that confortable to read, which has the highest priority to me.

1 Like

Looks like a modified plastic version of this paper go board idea. I wonder if they have the same design team behind them.

And I think it would still be a pain for ko fight, where players have to flip or poke from the other side to change black and white, from push to pop.

5 Likes

Go and ski camp???

14 Likes

Yeah. That looks awesome to me. Unfortunately I don’t know how to ski.

2 Likes

It’s easy: just drop one letter from mutual life!

4 Likes

You can always stick to snowshoe hikes or drinking génépi :smile:

2 Likes

these cool designs keep popping up… it would be nice if one or two of them ever became available :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

olympics

from TV, between different shows there are ads and animations like above. I don’t know if this one was made in China or in Russia.

15 Likes

What’s that? Where is it from?

We have our own now thanks to stoned on the goban :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

hehe, I’m the one wearing a short/t-shirt at the begininning of the video ^^

4 Likes

Those are awesome! Love the tiger.

1 Like

I only saw this just now, thank you for the mention Bugcat!