Images of newer times

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Neural Network text, image or sound generators

12 Likes

A giant Go board hangs on a mountain wall in Chongqing, China

11 Likes

4 Likes

500€ and change, plus shipping (I guess).

1 Like

That would at least make it cheaper less expensive than the IZIS board … but still outta sight for me—not that I care much about that, very happy with what OGS offers me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if it counts as a “real life” game or not.

2 Likes

Cleverly using both slowmotion and sped up footage so that it’s practically impossible to say if this robot will make a move in 3 seconds or 30…

1 Like

500€ and change is minimum salary here, I could hire someone to put an AI’s moves on a goban. And bring me coffee.

6 Likes

https://www.sensetime.com/en/news-detail/51166774?categoryId=1072

The Pro version is priced at RMB 3,999 with a pre-sale price of RMB 3,799. The Master version is priced at RMB 4,999, equipped with a dedicated mobile power supply and a portable trolley case.

RMB 3999 — 511,11 €
RMB 3799 — 485,55 €
RMB 4999 — 638,92 €

For comparison: My monthly pension is 597,88 € :rofl:

3 Likes

Well surely true but it’s 500 not every month…

500 € is the monthly rent for a student room here.

2 Likes

You mean a cheap student room :stuck_out_tongue:

While living in Amsterdam, I paid €480 for a 9m2 room, with the ‘kitchen’ included inside that space, and a slanted roof, making it impossible to put any tall closet in there (or a high bed, to gain some space below it).

3 Likes

Amsterdam is the most expensive city in the Netherlands. In Groningen or Tilburg you can probably get a much bigger room for that money.

My son’s student room in Leuven is ~550 € IIRC for a 20 m² room with a sink and a fridge.

1 Like

Yes, but Den Haag, Leiden or Utrecht aren’t much cheaper, I believe. Indeed, Groningen is a bit cheaper, and I’ll take your word for Tilburg as well.

I consider AI powered boards nice to have, but not more. A bit like having a luxury go set, which can also cost around €500 (if not more). Or having one of the newest iPhones.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Only if I’d suffer from severe sociophobia or if the club was further away than, say, 20 km.

Fortunately, though, I’m only a relatively mild case :stuck_out_tongue: … and the local village Go club is under my roof.

Sadly, though, since COVID I’m the only member … and then, later the young folks left school and moved away from the village…

Fortunately, though, there is a third option: my favourite Go server :smiley:

4 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/baduk/comments/14iw1ct/a_pringleshaped_goban/

10 Likes

9 Likes