Important Philosophical Questions + POLLS

The topic can be both serious and still entertaining. Just look at this quote:

I love it :smile:

3 Likes

I have a suspicion that Starline might find my post interesting as well, giving their interest in mathematical olympiads.

2 Likes

The most boring posts are posts telling that other posts are boring.
Nothing force the bored to read the boring.

2 Likes

Should we discuss whether this discussion is boring?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I believe that the quote by Gandhi is typically meant to inspire charity, kindness, and building a better society. I hope that the sarcasm inherent in my application of it to this trivial situation is readily apparent.

But, in all seriousness, if you seriously want the thread to be less serious, then you could serially inject some unseriousness in a series of posts.

4 Likes

But donā€™t make it Infinite

2 Likes

Interlude

Should @Starline post some more music?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I liked their stuff, would like more.

I object to that

3 Likes

Oki Doki letā€™s go back to some more important philosophical question +POLL

How long will it take to revive the defunct supra ultra football cup?

• Tomorrow
  • a week
  • a month
  • a trimester
  • a semester
  • a year
  • a decade
  • never

0 voters

When going to bed in winter, do you

• Keep your socks
  • Put new socks
  • Use a bottle full of hot water wrapped in a cloth
  • Keep your feet outside the bed in a bucket full of hot water
  • Annoy the person sharing your bed with your cold feet
  • Leave your laptop charging on your feet
  • Play with your :cat2:
  • Other

0 voters

2 Likes

Ok letā€™s be picky just one time.
What is more boring

• Maths
  • Tsumego
  • Kdrama
  • Linguistics
  • Go videos
  • Politics

0 voters

3 Likes

Do you get the threads ā€œImportant Philosophical Questions + POLLSā€ and ā€œQuestions That Donā€™t Deserve Their Own Threadā€ mixed up all the time as well?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I keep the questions who donā€™t deserveā€¦ For go related topics which donā€™t deserveā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks for all the detailed analyses above. I suspected that the number of digits of pi was the same as the number of natural numbers, and that there were infinitely many infinites, but I didnā€™t want to erroneously claim either.

MGB means ā€œMaximally Great Beingā€ and is an object sometimes used within philosophical arguments for a God.

I would defined omniscience as knowing all which is logically possible to know.

3 Likes

I watched this video a couple of months ago:

So, what are your favourite scone or ā€œbiscuitā€ toppings?

• butter
  • hard cheese
  • soft cheese
  • cream cheese
  • chocolate gravy / syrup
  • cold meat
  • custard
  • fruit
  • golden syrup
  • gravy
  • honey
  • jam
  • kimchi
  • maple syrup
  • marmalade
  • molasses (black treacle)
  • nutella
  • peanut butter
  • other

0 voters

1 Like

Can you remind me again what constitutes a British ā€˜biscuitā€™?

Ah, the ones in the video are American biscuits, even if theyā€™re only cuit semel and not bisā€¦ But then again, a Swiss biscuit dough, i.e. sponge cake, is also only baked once, but itā€™s still Biscuit, because you could theoretically bake it a second time for actual biscuit. And then, thereā€™s Zwieback, which is etymologically bis-cuit, but known in English as hardtack. This one is actually baken two times. The stage after the first baking is just called Einback. No joke.

2 Likes

ganache

1 Like

And how could you forget clotted cream, mate?

Gruyerian double cream is nice as well, but makes a bit of a mess.

1 Like

because you consider salty topping, there is an endless list of possibilities. Like 300 cheese, crude ham, salmon, oliveā€¦
Just considering the sweaty, you can add ice creams (pistachio, mango, tomato, avocadoā€¦)
cremes chiboust, diplomate, amandes, chantillyā€¦
that poll is far too wide.

2 Likes

As I understand it:

• The American biscuit is the English scone.

• The English biscuit is, I think, the American cookie. Except that there are also cheese biscuits, which are not cheese-flavoured biscuits but rather wafer biscuits for cheese. They are what the Americans call crackers.

• The English cookie is a more selective grouping of flat, round confections of a certain consistency.

Examples of English biscuits are:

Apart from the regular biscuit and the savoury cheese biscuit, there is also the chocolate biscuit, which are biscuits coated with chocolate. For instance, a Kit Kat, a Club biscuit, or a Twix. Chocolate biscuits are often bars.

Then you have the fringes. Jaffa cakes famously lost a case to have themselves treated as a biscuit by the tax system. Some people would also reject wagon wheels, known in America as moon cakes (a biscuit with both chocolate and a layer of marshmallow).

4 Likes