Important Philosophical Questions + POLLS

It depends on the “recipe”, I prefer this kind of olives

green or black, to this kind of black olives

Also, sometimes in supermarkets they add things to make them “mature” (?) faster, and they end up looking “rotten” (I don’t know how else to describe it). So, best ones are usually hand-made.

4 Likes

yeah, that is what I thought were the vinegared ones, but we haven’t made those in 30 years and I remembered wrong. I think we are talking about the same thing:

They are just dried with thick salt and some herbs, which gives them that mushy texture. I do not like those much.

Can you sleep without a pillow ?
  • what is a pillow?
  • Yes but rarely
  • i need my pillow
0 voters
2 Likes

How many are “a tsumego’s worth” of stones?

1 Like

From doing a few and counting the stones and averaging, I can confidently say fifteen*

*Igo Hatsuyoron 120 is an outlier adn should not have been counted

4 Likes

I call it a house…

1 Like

If you have 0 wins and 0 loses. Then your winrate is:

• 100% because no loses
  • 50% because equal number of wins and loses
  • 0% because no wins
  • (other)
0 voters

undefined, null, {}, N/A, or similar depending on the context

2 Likes

If you have some draws, it’s 50%. Otherwise undefined.

2 Likes

I think of win rate as games won / (games won + games lost).

Denominator is zero and the division is undefined, so I’d say other.

2 Likes

True. I think it’s implied by not mentioning draws that draws are impossible in the context

I’m not familiar with draws. I know in Japanese rules you can get a weird situation where both players loose. Is a draw the opposite, i.e. both players win? Or is a draw considered neither a win nor a loss?

A draw is half a win. They can happen under area scoring rules with odd integer komi, or under territory scoring rules with any integer komi

1 Like

You can play with integer komi under Japanese rules. Komi size is not mentioned in Japanese rules.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was pretty sure that was the case. I just wasn’t sure how the result was treated in terms of win/loss.

Hmm, then I think your above comment is correct, that it is implied that there are no draws. Otherwise the question wouldn’t say 0 losses and 0 wins, but some multiple of .5

0% because variable is unset and retains the default value.

1 Like

which value should be default?

No win no loss means no game. No gane means no winrate. But ofc no game is a debate (jigo etc… )

2 Likes

Zero, false, etc. Otherwise you get yourself into trouble.

1 Like

default should be whatever is there bitwise ANDed with 0