Interactive AI analysis is now available

Perhaps its a bug that applies to non-supporters with the sequences showing for those three displayed moves but I honestly don’t know. Will test later if I have time.

[Edit] Tested. That’s not it.

2 Likes

There definitely is some bug.

Steps:

Assume site supporter for now:

1. Play some recommended move by the full game review eg blue move and whole sequence shows on the board,
  2. Play some variation not shown by full game review using the ai interactive review.
  3. Turn off ai review.
  4. Notice that the winrates still show on the board as you go back move by move to the main game, except just the numbers on the board not color.
  5. Notice that when you get back to the ai recommended move (eg blue move) the whole sequence is still visible on the board (partially transparent stones).

E.g images below when ai is turned off following steps above.

9 Likes

Thank you anoek for this new feature. Nice to see new developments and I can see the potential for this to be very useful.

Question: Is there a way to keep the regular AI review that we had before but disable the new interactive AI review? Just because I like to use the old system to review games without exploring the variations much - just to see where biggest mistakes are and a quick glance at the main variation AI suggests. But with the new system, clicking on AI’s best move instead of my mistake to see the variation triggers a load of extra analysis and extra sub-variations that I’m not interested in and I find all this extra information confusing. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For an immediate fix you can click the ‘Disable AI Analysis’ button on the right when you want to go exploring. I’ll need to ponder a better system for toggling that on and off, along with other things, the interface has gotten quite complicated…

6 Likes

OK. Thank you for your quick reply. I will try that next time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice thanks!!!

2 Likes

When the AI wants to pass does it come up as Q19?

It often comes up as a recommended move for both players, in particular at the end of the, especially after all dame are filled, regardless of whether there’s a stone there or not.

It’s actually more confusing when there isn’t a stone there eg.

It makes a lot more sense to me now that that’s a pass but it ruins the meme :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow. It really does look like OGS interprets “pass” from AI as Q19. How bizarre - I wonder how that happened. Maybe it reveals some secrets about OGS’s internal server-side encoding of coordinates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or a move of the future, too early to understand it.

Is this feature cancelled or discontinued in 2022?
Any plans on it coming back?

It’s still functioning and the feature is here to stay :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yea I noticed! In my first game as a supporter I clicked some random places and I didn’t get any feedback, but I just played another game and it was working as I hoped!
Thank you for all your work! It’s a great site

1 Like

Today I noticed that I can now disable all the AI signs and enable them back again with a single click - no AI residues on the board after disabling, anymore. This is a great fix that will save me lots of time and frustration. Thanks.

2 Likes

Is that definitely the case?

I think if you

1. play through part of a suggested variation
  2. turn the review off
  3. backtrack to the start of the variation
  4. still see the ghost moves and some percentages?

That’s the way it seems for me anyway.

Is there something different that changed?

2 Likes

You’re right - I got excited for no reason, apparently.

1 Like

Just excited to review your game :smiley:

Or excited at the possibility of quality of life features also. I mean I was excited enough also to double check it :slight_smile:

1 Like