Interactive AI analysis is now available

Yeah not so practical, if for no other reason than the nets are a few hundred MB

6 Likes

Thank you so much! This is really useful.

Please if it shows that this is not economically viable do not remove the feature but make it a paid one or something. I would be quite willing to give the money to OGS instead of ZBaduk :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The remove wouldn’t be permanent, that was just a provisor in case it happened to tank the whole server, he would temporarily take it down to diagnose and repair… probably unlikely at this late stage.

8 Likes

Some people (like me) play a lot on their phones too. I tried some apps with AI before, like AHQ Go, or Lazy Baduk - it is excruciatingly slow.

The integrated AI on OGS allows me to conveniently analyze my games and search for variations without having to provide that calculating power my phone lacks anyways.

Features like these make up for a lot of the attraction to support OGS financially. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I see it’s plotting the variation winrate now - that’s awesome!

7 Likes

Getting more useful with each incremental step, thanks a lot.

The only thing I’m missing now is having the AI features available in review mode.

5 Likes

Yeah indeed, it’s in my mind to get everything plumbed in so it can work there too, this was a big step towards that.

14 Likes

The servers and new prioritization system are holding up great, it’s permanent :slight_smile:

16 Likes

@anoek one more small issue – the chart in score mode does not update Y value range for white, but does for black.

6 Likes

If you’re still interested in an AI app on the phone Baduk AI by aki65 is fairly fast on my phone (Android only so far though). It’s almost as fast as my laptop, though since that doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card that’s not exactly saying much.

2 Likes

That is really I have hoped for so long time~ Great!

3 Likes

I use OGS mostly to analyze/review my games but it could be useful when I ain’t got internet. Maybe the 10block will be faster than the original LazyBaduk. ? Thank you. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, @anoek, I discovered 1.5 more small issues. I should get away from the computer. :frowning:

• Starting interactive mode with normal moves and then passing just breaks it (move, pass, move) – no more variations on the board;
  • Starting interactive mode with a pass is just silly
5 Likes

While separate from the recent AI-Review upgrade, this bug: Post-game Analysis Mode Sometimes Skips to the End may be impacting peoples ability to fully appreciate the new feature.

If there’s an easy fix for it then it would add value to the considerable work already done.

4 Likes

Just so long as there is a control for turning OFF all AI suggestions during analysis and review games! Nothing is more confusing during analysis than seeing sudden sequences of suggested moves instead of the moves that actually occurred in the game. Thanks!

3 Likes

Disable AI analysis is available in setting.

4 Likes

… and on the RHS pop-out options (PC) in case you wish to easily change the setting temporarily for positional clarity while reviewing.

2 Likes

As people have pointed out before, “Disable AI Analysis” doesn’t disable all the distracting move sequences shown as you step through a game. If you don’t believe me, please try it yourself before you make incorrect statements like this…

2 Likes

Yes, I did.

1 Like

Just opened a game that has a full AI review, went to the start of the game, turned off AI review, stepped through EVERY MOVE with not a single AI mark… turned it back on and they all came back, exactly as I expected. Perhaps there is some kind of operational error rather than a system error.

2 Likes