Interactive AI analysis is now available

This is beyond amazing! Hats off Anoek!! Thank you!

2 Likes

Wow nice!

2 Likes

I would love this sort of feature, and it seems to be a logical addition to reviews/demo boards, but the computational load might become significant if everyone starts using OGS for AI reviews.

3 Likes

This is a really fantastic feature. It adds a lot when reviewing games, and saves a lot of time from downloading the SGF and loading it into another program. Thank you so much anoek and friends!

4 Likes

@Emm Works for past games for me

2 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to try it.

2 Likes

The implementation is very slick - nice work.

One thing I’d find helpful is it have a dot on the graph showing the variation point in contrast to the game line.

7 Likes

Nice work! Can confirm it works on Linux & chrome :ok_hand:

3 Likes

@GreenAsJade don’t you see a green line for the variation you are exploring? It’s slick - working on my iPhone…

2 Likes

Bravo @anoek!!!
Another fantastic addition to OGS :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Well in his defense, I added that in response to his post :wink:

10 Likes

Man thanks for saying so… I was just about to rush back and see how I’d missed it :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Shouldn’t have said anything :wink:

3 Likes

The green line is a great improvement - very tidy. My goal in suggesting a dot was to visualise the comparison of the win rate for the variation with the winrate of the actual game at that time…

8 Likes

I’m not skilled enough to do this but hypothetically, If the original Ai Analysis misreads a situation and I then work through the refutation of the move with the new Interactive feature, will the review update overall to reflect that scenario?

Cookie!

This probably isn’t the best way to sell the new feature but here it is:

Apparently it doesn’t work like this so thankyou to anoek for not accidently inventing The Borg!

7 Likes

Nope, we’ve got a cluster of analysis engines, they can’t practically share and keep state like that

6 Likes

Just curious - why are you buying hardware? I thought you were on the Google Cloud. You can spin up (and down) resources to meet demand. Or do you need GPU nodes? I think AWS has those.

3 Likes

We need GPU’s, and they are way expensive in the cloud

5 Likes

Maybe you could make an opt-in engine that runs on client-side javascript to help analyze supporter games :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

I think this is what lichess does w/ stockfish, but has anyone actually done this with a modern style AI? Seems like a beefy task for a browser :sweat_smile:

4 Likes