Interactive AI analysis is now available

Yep sure is, if you’re having trouble, try holding down control, shift, and pressing ‘r’ to force a full reload of the site

3 Likes

It has suddenly started working now.

5 Likes

I do have one extra suggestion:

Since the intended use is during the AI review after the game has ended, could there be a way to toggle off the pre-computed variations by the review when using the new feature?

From a recently finished game. Suppose I want to test out some moves starting with 1 which was the AI suggestion, but then it’ll overlay that whole variation on the board.

I get that the AI would still probably want to play something similar as long as I follow along, but it makes it a bit hard to mentally block out those moves, while thinking of other variations :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Yeah I’ll add that in @shinuito, good idea

17 Likes

You guys are the best.

11 Likes

Hi, I hope that while adding that in, you still keep the pre-computed variation visible when clicking on the blue move, and that it only goes away after performing an interactive move further on.

For most moves people will just need to click the blue move to see an example of continuation, the interactive part is something on top of that workflow.

3 Likes

Yeah I was hoping it could be some kind of toggle, to show/hide the precomputed ones, or turn on or off the interactive functionality depending on peoples preference/usage.

The precomputed ones are definitely still useful. It will probably start showing other recommendations on top of those variations though with both active together.

Actually even more of a mess if you swap AI’s. I wanted to see if both LeelaZero worked and Katago, but if you start playing a variation from one, then go back and different variation for the other you get things like this

Basically have to refresh the page :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

also, good supreme developer of ogs.

Really great stuff guys!! I love you all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

圖片

Is that normal?
My numbers look bigger.
Firefox 86 on Linux.

2 Likes

I will give it a go :grinning:(pun intended) later today.

2 Likes

Cue a surge as we all rush to try this out!

Definitely a fine feature, and I have often wondered what if on some dumb move the AI hadn’t even considered!

4 Likes

Seems to work quite nicely for me. Awesome feature! Thanks!

2 Likes

I had this problem of text too small. it turns out just increasing zoom level in the browser did it for me, i.e. CTRL-scroll wheel. hope that works for you.

2 Likes

Okay so it works for my reviews, but when I review other people’s games it does not. This kind of makes sense I guess but when I first tried it I got the message “To begin an AI review, you must be a site supporter.” I assume this is because the players were not site supporters not myself, but this message is misleading.

5 Likes

When I start a review of a game into a demo, I try to click full AI review on the right and get an error message.

2 Likes

I also tested this with an uploaded sgf file and I can use the AI review. The problem is that I have no way to do an ai review along with a student because there is no way to use AI on a demo.

2 Likes

I mean you could share a reuploaded sgf game with someone else, they can follow the link. You can make a review of that reuploaded game too.

I guess what you want is some live analysis where everyone sees what you see including the ai scores etc, basically the way reviews/demos work but also with the ai analysis?

I guess doing it in stream or screen sharing in some way is a temporary work around.

Up to now, the ai review variations never showed up in a review of the game. I imagine it would have to be an optional feature too, some properly prefer to turn off the ai review as is.

I guess we’ll find out if something like that was on the cards or not.

5 Likes

to me that’s far from being a unanimous change request, but none of that has changed with the addition of this feature, I guess it’d be more appropriately discussed somewhere else.

1 Like

Amazing stuff, nice work devs

2 Likes