Interactive AI analysis is now available

We’ve been working on on making some improvements to our AI analysis system, and I’m pleased to announce that today we’re ready to start trialing the ability to analyze variations while you are exploring AI reviews.

For site supporters of any level simply lay down some stones while you’re viewing an AI review of one of your games and the servers will get to work analyzing the board and get back to you with the results as soon as it can, which in theory should be very quick.

I say we’re “trialing” this right now because while we think the servers are ready to handle the additional load, we don’t know for sure, so there’s a possibility that after turning this on we might have to turn it back off temporarily to work out bugs or kinks in the system, or possibly reduce the strength until more hardware arrives. (We are actively trying to purchase additional hardware for a future strength increase and some other upcoming features anyways, but chip shortages has been making this rather challenging!)

So if you’re a site supporter, give it a try! And if you’re not, please consider becoming one here so we can do even more cool stuff!

95 Likes

Amazing news :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Excellent !

6 Likes

Very nice!

@anoek what’s up with the small numbers that are too small to see?

Also, does supporter level somehow affects this feature?

7 Likes

Wow!

4 Likes

Those numbers shouldn’t be that small! What browser are you using?

And yes, your site supporter level determines the strength of the move analysis, we use the same strength for the variations as we do for the overall game analysis.

9 Likes

Firefox 86.0, Chromium 86.0.4240.111.

Weirdly not all numbers are small.

3 Likes

Great feature!!

Works fine with Firefox on mobile. :smiley:

*edit: It is an Android mobile.

2 Likes

I checked, it’s just a regular waxing gibbous, no full moon like last time or anything.

6 Likes

I still not a site supporter, so I can’t join it. But, I will think later and maybe I will ask my dad.

8 Likes

Yeah for me on Chrome on Mac all the numbers are pretty tiny :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: okay not all, there’s one or two the usual size, but there isn’t a pattern. Its not always the blue move or the move the person played etc.

4 Likes

@Igloo - are you on a mac as well by chance?

@shinuito - they only just started being small right? or have they been small all along?

6 Likes

Yeah I probably would’ve noticed this before :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t remember if I looked at an AI review in the last day or two, but it’s very recent :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have the same issue. I’m not sure, but I think they are tiny when it’s black’s turn to move and normal when it’s white’s turn.

3 Likes

@Gia - mac or something else?

2 Likes

Hello. Is the feature turned on right now? I keep laying down stones in some of my past games and nothing happens. I restarted the AI analysis for those games. Does it only work for games that I start from today on?

2 Likes

Not a Mac (never :-P).
Just Chrome (Version 89.0.4389.90) on Win10 .

3 Likes

Normal reviews have some small numbers for me, even before engaging with the new analysis feature

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.867

Brave Browser Version 1.21.77 Chromium: 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3 Likes

I’m on Linux.

7 Likes

Ok thanks all, I’ll get it fixed up

6 Likes