It seems that a lot of people that are interested in Go tend to also have some sort of connection and/or affinity to Chinese, Japanese, and/or Korean (CJK) cultures, which are traditionally and historically associated with Go. Hence, I wanted to ask some questions via this thread.
Do you have any connection to the CJK cultures?
How are you connected to the CJK cultures?
- Ethnically and/or racially identify as a CJK person
- Nationality from CJK country(s)
- Born in a CJK country
- Lived in CJK country(s)
- Significant personal relationship(s) with CJK person(s)
- Competency in CJK language(s)
- Educational/professional connections to CJK country/company(s)
- Strong interest in popular media from CJK culture(s)
- Other personal connections to CJK culture(s)
- None of the above
For privacy, I’ve made the polls anonymous. However, if you would like to share, please feel free to reply in a comment.
In particular, I would be interested to hear whether and how such a connection played a role in introducing you to Go, and how people that have no connections to CJK cultures were ultimately introduced to Go.