Kibitz Garden ☕ for the Second Diplomatic Go Game

So Yebellz has the most stones, but in terms of area, which is also counting how long a player can last by placing stones inside their territory then this is a rough estimate below - not really including dame that could be split, giving the bottom left corner to piggy, but not removing Martins stones for the moment. Kind of discounting stones that will be captured easily, since a player will lose area/stone count once they get captured.

Player Area Potential Eyes
image le_4TC 27 E=3
image PiggyStardust 37 Lots? ≤ 8?
image Orange 10 0
image Haze_with_a_Z 23 E≤4
image yebellz 29 3≤E≤ 6
image Leira 17 E ≤ 2

Not really making a distinction between solid eyes and ‘weak’ eyes which could reduced with teamwork.

So Piggy is probably in the lead long term. I don’t know if at the moment anyone gains but yebellz if they work to go after piggy. Even then it might be hard to reduce piggy to four eyes.

Maybe yebellz and haze could make a deal to remove the orange stones. If it’s done early enough, maybe haze and yebellz can try make extra points on the bottom and bottom left.

I can’t imagine yebellz agreeing to capture say Haze if say leira and le_4tc decided to make peace and try that. Depending on how Haze captures the stones, they could still have an eyespace that could be attacked by 2-3 players.

If piggy didn’t have a clear lead, then maybe yebellz could just try save some of the dame between them and Leira as shared eyespace and help them not be captured by le_4tc and just wait out the game. I think maybe removing the orange stones and keeping Leira alive could be a ok strategy and maybe the D2 stone can become active.

4 Likes