Kibitz Garden ☕ for the Second Diplomatic Go Game

Kibitz logs for Round 11

yebellz
martin3141
le_4TC
7 Likes

These players notes confirm how insane a diplo. game can be.

6 Likes

Here’s what has been submitted so far:

2 Likes

Who will win? (Just to see the kibitz side as well)

• le_4TC
  • PiggyStardust
  • martin3141
  • Gia
  • Sanonius
  • Haze_with_a_Z
  • yebellz
  • Maharani

0 voters

image le_4TC
image PiggyStardust
image martin3141
image Gia
image Sanonius
image Haze_with_a_Z
image yebellz
image Maharani

1 Like

C11 a bit too crucial to answer (but I did)

1 Like

Kibitz logs for Round 12

Gia
Sanonius
2 Likes

I did get the feeling that co-operative attacks weren’t being discussing unless it was against a player you’re strictly beside. I guess it made sense to at least round 7 or so until the initial fighting settled a bit.

I’d like to see temporary peace and a cooperative invasion by say Martin, Gia, Haze, Sanonius of the upper left. There’s two stones by themselves that are in 4-Atari that could be captured if the players don’t play a move to extend liberties.

1 Like

I believe it would be good strategy for the right side, to let Gia get a few stones on the left, so that removing the K8 group doesn’t eliminate them completely. Currently, filling K9 and J10 would eliminate Gia from the game.

If I’d be le_4TC, Sanonius or martin, I’d make a deal with Gia, that I help her stay alive if she plays a stone at c11 and keeps it a secret that we had a deal. That way you can generate conflict between stardust and yebellz without openly going against nbto. And gia would have a chance to stay alive there with some some relief offenses from her secret ally(s).

2 Likes

What was once such a peaceful game… Seems like these are savage vultures after all, they just needed a little poke.

Gia has opted to play J10 as a second move, in case E10 fails. Looks like a resignation. However, it seems quite lucrative to me for Sanonius, le_4TC to kill Haze’s stones while Gia is still filling up three of those liberties. With Gia’s help they can surely capture the whole group through some clever move collisions. Removing Gia just makes it harder for them to kill Haze, and does not yield much of a gain to anyone except Maharani. By removing Haze, Maharani gains new liberties and H10 can still be captured later to connect.

1 Like

Kibitz for Round 13

le_4TC
yebellz
Sanonius
2 Likes

The game is slowing down a bit these last few rounds

Yes, Haze keeps forgetting to submit a move, but I also suspect some players are currently feeling a bit gridlocked

2 Likes

Welcome @Gia, to the afterlife :slight_smile:

I feel like the players that are not yebellz and Piggy need to bury their differences for a moment and start attacking, or yebellz and Piggy will surely become the top two players. Haze’s single stone without follow-up only made their corner stronger, and with Gia gone, C8 is actually not a problem for Piggy.

7 Likes

Also welcome and well played to Gia, after being given a very tough position to start with. It looked very difficult from a normal go perspective and I imagine it would require godlike negotiation to convince the players around you to either peacefully settle or convince players around you not to capture, when they would immediately gain from it.

Yeah it looks like Martin is also looking to capture Sanonius in order to get more space. I’m not even sure Sanonius will gain much even if they capture Haze. It does feel like piggy and yebellz are in very strong positions.

The kibitz logs are fairly interesting too :slight_smile:

I don’t even have the mere mortal version. :woman_shrugging:

It was weird, but fun.
Especially when I had to think not only where my moves might be the same with another player and think of alternatives for myself, but how other players are more probable to think the same way, and take that into consideration. Which I found a more interesting aspect than the actual negotiation.

7 Likes

This round was amazing and entertaining.

Just to line up the same moves in the exact same order :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Actually that and effectively making Maharani pass in the most recent round :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It would’ve been brilliant if Maharani had made J10 their second move, which wouldn’t have been too unlikely

2 Likes