List of blocked users

Hi. Where can I view a list of players I have blocked? Thanks.

1 Like

Hello, there is unfortunately no such feature at the moment, sorry :frowning:

I can give advice that will work until we can view the list of blocked players. This is advice from my own experience. Keep a list of blocked players. This can be done in a text file. For example, I do this in an Excel spreadsheet.

1 Like

I’m kinda curious. Why do you care who you have blocked?

2 Likes

For example, if you blocked a player in a temper, and then, after thinking, you decided to unblock him. :blush:

2 Likes

In that case the player would probably be in your game list. Just click all the names of your opponents and uncheck the checked box. If you blocked some guy in chat, unless it was a throwaway account, that guy’s probably in chat all day. Go through the list etc.

3 Likes

Why do I care? Just curiosity. I also play on KGS and, due to some kind of bug, my list of blocked users there disappeared. But at least I could see the list and knew to restore people to the list. How will I ever know if the blocked list in OGS is working correctly or not?

That’s a great idea, GuardAngel. I think I’ll start keeping a list. Thanks.

1 Like

On KGS I sometimes temporarily block a player I’ve been paired with too often. I like being exposed to different styles. For the same reason I typically want to unblock them after a while. So from my perspective this is a pretty reasonable request. And surely not hard to implement.

1 Like

Here a list of all blocked players (including anyone you ever blocked)

https://online-go.com/api/v1/me/blocks

14 Likes

Thankyou @flovo.

I have never used api but I was able to decipher your link so here is a:

User’s Guide to OGS/API Blocked Users List (for flovo’s link, above)

When you click on it you get something that looks like this:

Which includes little ‘packets’ of information in three line groups.

The bottom of the three lines is the person’s user number. To find out who they are, go to your (or any) profile page and then replace your user number with their number in the address bar at the top (and press enter).

Now click on their name and click on ‘Block’ in the popup menu to view or alter their blocked status.

Nb. as flovo said, the list of blocked people includes anyone you have ever blocked. If you unblock them they remain on the list with ‘false’ next to both options (as with my example).

Thanks again @flovo. Please correct any errors in my post or let me know so I may do so.

4 Likes

This feature is now available in the UI.

https://online-go.com/settings/blocked_players

11 Likes