Live Tournaments Group

Looks like not enough for a tournament, let’s try again next week!

I’ll make a live one for tomorrow, it’s a good way to get some games for the challenge.

1 Like

Here’s something I was thinking might be fun:

Is that kind of thing interesting to anyone here?

Do we have enough crazy people on OGS to make this work?

11 rounds of fast live games lasting hours (I hope).

2 Likes

6.30 in the morning is killing me.

Perfect. That’s how it’s meant to feel, though I was aiming for 5:30am in Holland (The official start time of Elfstedentochts I believe) so I hope I got that right.

1 Like

You meant to exclude me? :cry::cry::cry:
I’m going to shed my lonely tears in the corner.
:cry:

1 Like

Not at all. You’ve got a whole week to adjust your body clock. I don’t think completing an Elfstedentocht should come easy. Is your determination excluding you? :wink: I hope not. There’s still time to change your mind. :smiley:

I’ll admire y’all from afar. :kissing_heart: :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

This is also traditional for an Elfstedentocht, In great and enthusiastic numbers.

If it goes ahead, someone live-streaming highlights from a virtual helicopter would be good. Anyone?

1 Like

So at ~20 minutes/round we’re looking at 3.5 to 4 hours? It would be almost the perfect time for such a thing here in UTC-8…

1 Like

It may even be slower with good participation. The slowest game of each round holds up the next round ofc. Also. +12s fischer is significantly slower than +12s byo-yomi or similar.

Oh wait, it’s McMahon? How does that work for a live tournament?

A bit like swiss but with a fixed number of rounds. McMahon also has bars (categories) that apply some -ve points to people that get easier games but for this tournament I’ve set the bars so low they should be irrelevant.

McMahon: Not to be confused with the more common Simultaneous McMahon. There are no simultaneous games unless a bug rears its ugly head.

1 Like

How do you incorporate “klunen” into your Elfstedentochts tournament?

1 Like

Unfortunately there are a number of elements that are hard to incorporate into the event. For example; The gentleman that attempts backstroke on the ice before being removed by police.

If you are referring to my new profile pic then I will arrange something more aerodynamic for the occasion. 5days 7hours to go.

1 Like