1 Like

At the party she was kindness in the hard crowd
Consolation for the old wound now forgotten
Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes
She’s just dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings

I’ll sleep in this place with the lonely crowd
Lie in the dark where the shadows run from themselves

1 Like

Currently enjoying this album, which I would describe as progrock.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I think acid folk is the best genre fit for this album, a style similar in some ways to progrock, jazz, and the second folk revival. This genre was especially popular in 1970s’ England – cf. the band Forest.

What might be called “acid folk” tends to be richer in instrumentalism than 2FR music or filk, but less energetic than prog rock and with less overpowering use of brass than jazz.

2 Likes
1 Like

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (An Hour With Pink Floyd, KQED)

Billions years ago there was no life on the earth. It is easy to make many complex organic compounds, but none of these could produce even the basics of life. The origin of heredity and reproduction is still a mystery. However it happened, with the power of sun, the atom heart mother.

1 Like

Best Echoes version

1 Like

Pink Floyd - A Saucerful Of Secrets (Forum Musiques)

1 Like

I do not know why I remembered this today, but the Greek theme of inspector Gadget ( Sainis in Greek ) was playing in my mind and I realised that the actual, original, theme of the series was nothing like the psychedelic funky intro we had as kids (very terrifying to a lot of small children). So, there, now you can enjoy it too :slight_smile: (especially the awesome keyobards) …

retrooooo

I have a lot of music to catch up on :0
thank you all for keeping this page alive ^^"
I have been going through a divorce so I haven’t been around much but hopefully I can listen to all your recommendations soon :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good luck with it! I hope it all goes well for everyone involved :slight_smile:

Actually, I think this song goes downhill after it changes tone around 2:30. But the opening is strong.

1 Like