Napster's music sharing thread. Chit chat and links

“I am a Dorsai and I’ve learned a grisly skill:
They’ve taught me how to win a war, ten thousand ways to kill,
And all the vicious weapons to be used each time I fight;
Now I have become a weapon of such fearsome might”

2 Likes
2 Likes

So happy to see this forum is still holding fast onto the swirling driftwood of reality as our little world is sucked further into oblivion.

Maybe that’s too esoteric…

I’m immensely glad to see so many familiar names…

Some of the best songs from the filk album Minus Ten and Counting: Songs of the Space Age.

(slow)

(fast)

(slow)

(a capella)

(fast, but with a slow intro)

1 Like

Also, whilst I’m here, let me repost a couple of songs from the album Don’t Ask.

1 Like

A rare piece of great Francophone indie-pop.

This song isn’t bad, but the animation is what’e exceptional.

Currently enjoying this indie-rock band, specifically their first album RELAXER. It’s the best album I’ve heard for a while.

2 Likes

I just noticed this alt-J comment… RELAXER is their third album as alt-J. I love them :slight_smile: I’ve enjoyed all of their albums thoroughly. I’ve been lucky enough to see them live three times. It was top notch every time.

This is from their second album. Music sharing thread. Links only. No chit chat - #616 by You_Know_Me

1 Like

I really enjoyed Breezeblocks.

I found it one of the best and most creative truly popular songs of last decade.

1 Like

People say “if you work hard enough”, “if you have talent”, “if you are good enough” and stuff like that … alas, all that is BS of the highest order. More often than not, luck and circumstances, instead of effort and talent is what wins the day. If you think otherwise, how can you explain the lack of views and subs in that channel? :thinking:

1 Like

Hieronymus Bosch’s Garden of Earthly Delights butt music

https://twitter.com/MelanieJaoul/status/1378212218039336961?s=19

1 Like

The original Marcia Baïla by Les Rita Mitsouko :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a cute video of alt-J… I could go on and on about those fellas… instead of ranting I thought of this video:

As a side note… their drummer… Thom Sonny Green… blows me away. I may be biased because whenever we’ve seen them live we always happen to be in front of him. Anyways… here is a piece of his solo album High Anxiety. It may not be what you expect.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for an excuse to post a particular album, or particular series of songs; and, well, you gave me that excuse…

Uhm… So this is the first track off of the album. You’ll probably know right away if you like it or not… if not: Give the next three a chance anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

These three remind me of, well, these days…

Okay four…

2 Likes

Farewell MF DOOM

1 Like

Hail to the lake drinker.

Only 2 more day until the new Cannibal Corpse album drops.

1 Like
1 Like

This is absolutely beautiful.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

In the papers, on the TV screens
Pictures of Adolf again
As sure as I sit here there will appear
Pictures of Adolf again

You’re wrong, you’re wrong
Throw down your cards
If you say Adolf he won’t come

OK deny representation
By leaders of all nations
But have you got, have you really got
Anyone to replace them?

Throw down your cards
OK then who’s gonna come?

Christ or Hitler? Christ or Vorster
Christ or all the Caesars to come?

That’s the choice, that’s the choice
Sooner or later
That’s the choice, that’s the choice
You’re gonna have to make

From the OST of the incredible United Red Army by Koji Wakamatsu, about the Japanese radical far left of the 60s/70s.