Napster's music sharing thread. Chit chat and links

Remembering Al Bowlly, who died this day in the Blitz (April 17, 1941). Called “the British Bing Crosby,” he was one of the finest pop singers of the 1930s. He had about 1,000 recordings, and this was one of his most famous numbers.

1 Like

1971 … I was fourteen … listening to the radio … heard this … was electrified … still works :heart:

The Staple Singers - Respect Yourself

For reasons

50 years ago … I was sixteen and shook me my body on the dance floor …

1 Like

I hear complains in some social media about Christmass becoming just a commercial feast for buying stuff and that there is no actual celebration or mention of Christ getting born and religious stuff like that and I am thinking “since we did away with the whole thing, instead of consumerism, why not go into some metal fantasy stuff”? It is definitely more fun and less damaging that being told to go out and buy stuff and be “content”.

So here is the music version of the answer to the question: “What if the three Biblical Magi where actual wizards? Wouldn’t that be fun?” … quite so :slight_smile:

“They came across the western sea
With powers greater than needed
The wizards commanded the lightning
Every creature knelt in for their will
But they wielded the black stone with evil
And their evil was cast back on them
Damned to praise god forever
'til his son was born to deliver”

Quite the tale and with a better guitar solo than most Christmass carols…
They also have their own “Tale of Creation”, arguably better than Genesis (the book, not the prog band), but I’ll leave it for another time. Merry Blackstonewielderismass :stuck_out_tongue:

Musik! Kein Schnickschnack!

R.I.P. Melanie Safka :heart: