New bug for smaller boards?

It looks like 9x9 boards are resized into the corner of the screen, when in a full-sized window. Resizing the window fixes this, but the problem reappears when I refresh or switch to the next game. Doesn’t affect gameplay at all.

I really like that the symbol at the top of the in-game menu that links to the relevant ladder is now a ladder symbol rather than a tournament symbol!! :smiley:

Edit: Navigating to the board from my personal gamelist does not have this problem. Navigating to a board from the global gamelist does seem to resize the board inappropriately, though. Also, I just checked that this is indeed the case for 13x13 boards, as well, so not just 9x9.
Edit 2: (Also, one of my opponents mentioned having the same problem, so it’s not just me)

9 Likes

also AI analysis not updates
I click on graph, I see that move and then when I change move, analysis still stays in the same place

5 Likes

I also started having this problem today, for 9x9 and 13x13 boards, and resizing the window is the only way I found to fix the problem (until I switch to another board).

3 Likes

Hello all and thank you for the heads up, there seems to be some trouble indeed. I have relayed the info onto anoek, he will look into it.

Sorry about the inconvenience :confused:

9 Likes

Just adding a little information: I assume most people are not using Firefox. Resizing the window fixes the scale, but the colors are very wonky too.

6 Likes

I use firefox and don’t have this specific symptom.

Same issue but with any sized window. But any window size change fix issue until refresh page or switch to another board.
If game started when tab was inactive there is no issue until refresh page or board switch.
Google Chrome Version 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

An it is very annoying while playing multiple correspondence games

Are the colors new? I’ve seen that issue in the past, and it is related to Firefox fingerprint thwarting.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve never had this problem before. It started right after the recent server reset, at the same time as the resize problem. I mostly play 9x9 games, and I haven’t investigated larger sizes since then. I use Firefox almost exclusively on Linux, MacOS, and Windows.

My bad! I turned the privacy fingerprinting thing on with my laptop, and apparently that synced to my desktop. So yeah, the colors are related to Firefox’s fingerprint thwarting.

Bummer, because I’d like to use that feature.

1 Like

I believe there is a workaround: see Activating Firefox "privacy.resistFingerprinting" breaks Board · Issue #1429 · online-go/online-go.com · GitHub

Also, it’s the canvas images that Firefox hates, so if you switch to the “Plain” stones instead of realistic ones, the fingerprint resistance won’t happen either.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 3.55.20 PM

3 Likes

The problem is worse than before, but it started four months ago…

It’s been causing problems when trying to review a smaller board size for a few months.

It can impact Chromium-based browsers I believe, which is what I use.

See more info here:

FYI found the cause of the resize issue, and the fix is in review now. Thanks @Gooplet for the detailed report!

5 Likes

Thanks!

I’m sure you already know, but it can happen in reviews in addition to during active games.

That works! Thank you.

1 Like

Bug seems to be already solved for me, at least for the active games I’m in.

2 Likes

Thanks! Back to normal. I was flipping through my games this afternoon and had already completely forgotten this was an issue at all until visiting the forums :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

What if I told you that it is not solved for me? (I thought I wrote this :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

Any details about how you get to this page? Does the problem persist if you refresh?

2 Likes