New experimental nav bar available

As in the search expands and covers over the other things like the counter/ notifications etc right?

For me if I just tap somewhere else on the page it collapses the search small again. Just curious if that works for you also.

3 Likes

I could have sworn it was not working, but I just tried it again and that worked as long as I don’t tap on the board. Maybe I tried the board every other time before now

4 Likes

This change is now live. Not included in this change was the changes to the overview page that removed the content on the right side (links to groups, ladders, tournaments, etc.) so if you like those not being present, you can keep the experimental changes on for now, if you want them back but like the new nav bar, you can disable experimental.

7 Likes

I’m getting the red bug page on the profile page now, and a red X most of the time on my home page.

Actually now I’m just seeing some more general host error page.

1 Like

More here: Server troubles 2023-01-10

(Unrelated to this, I just rolled them out at the same time)

1 Like

I think that on desktop, the auto-expanding should be added to the profile tab, with a single click on profile taking you to your profile, rather than clicking the tab than having to click again. Only thing that’s been noticable annoying about the change.

3 Likes

save button stopped working

can’t change profile info

2 Likes

I just wanted to jump in and say I’m loving the new cleaner Nav experience!

3 Likes

Not working for me either. I went ahead and submitted a bug report.

Did notifications stop working for anyone else also?

A friend of mine created an account here and sent me a friend request that never arrived … he tried again and got the message that there already was a FR. Then I sent him an FR, he got the notification and accepted.

The new nav bar would be great if it still had a “Profile” link, please!

It’s in your username/avatar top right. If I’ve understood what you are looking for.

3 Likes

Well, it says Profile, so …

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-01-11 om 20.40.56

Wondering why the new nav bar is still experimental.
Never a second of regret after I switched to the new nav bar.

If anybody cares, my take is that the right sub-menu (profile, settings, log out, theme) should display on hover like the sub-menus on the left, so that one can access the Profile in a single sweep-and-click mouse motion.

(edit: oh, it had already been proposed a few messages earlier :laughing: )

7 Likes

I much prefer the new bar, but on iPhone I miss having a ‘home’ button at the top.

I don’t have an iPhone but don’t you see the OGS logo at the top? Tap it to get home!

4 Likes

I suppose I can do that :grinning:

2 Likes

Home is where the OGS is!

4 Likes

I mostly use my smartphone.
I still think that line spacing for left menu (hamburger button) on smartphone is too large.

I have to swipe to get to the forum!!! :scream:

1 Like

You mean you don’t have an OGS Forum PWA? :thinking: How odd…