Note to Ukrainian site supporters

What a noble gesture. I’ll be sure to suport OGS when I get a stable income, y’all are fantastic.

8 Likes

So great to see this!

6 Likes

Bravo. So thoughtful. Small kindnesses help in these dark days. :ukraine:

8 Likes

It is indeed a tragedy

4 Likes

А на русский переведите, пожалуйста, хотя б с помощью того же [google translate]? Довольно много русских людей на Украине не понимают гугловый украинский, чуть больше чем половина населения.

6 Likes

Here is a DeepL translation into Russian:

Учитывая текущую ситуацию, в которой оказались многие украинцы, я заранее отменяю все повторяющиеся платежи для всех, у кого есть украинский адрес для выставления счетов, и выдаю возврат средств, насколько это позволяют мои платежные процессоры. Вы сохраните свой статус сторонника и отзывы AI в обозримом будущем, просто с вас не будут взиматься за это деньги.

9 Likes

Hi! I’m from Crimea (Russia). This war is a tragedy for Ukrainians and political suicide for my country. I lived in Ukraine most part of my life and it’s terrible that im texting with my brother who sits in a shelter in ua due to a air-raid warning. Russians and Ukrainians were one nation and lived in one country for a thousand years of our history. Many Russians have relatives in Ua. This war is an military and moral crime against ua and ru people too. I wish piece to Ukraine and i wish tribunal for perpetrators of the conflict. And thanks for that act, ogs. Слава Украине!

33 Likes

I second this :heart::heart::heart: welcome everyone, this is the single greatest outpouring of first time commenters I’ve seen on any topic! It’s a truly beautiful sight to see in these dark times. Stay strong everyone and choose kindness :heart:

7 Likes

If you are able to spend 10 min this video is an important one

Take care!

8 Likes

I was driven to tears when I saw this post.

THANKS, @anoek, this is … well, I have known you, albeit virtually, for quite a few years now, so … this does NOT surprise me, like, AT! ALL!

This is yet another of the many wonderful, lovable, thoughtful things I have witnessed you doing and saying over all these years.

You, dear @anoek, have a beautiful mind and a beautiful heart.

And to our Russian friends, Go players or not, who have spoken out against the war, here and/or elsewhere … and to those who didn’t because they fear for themselves and their families:

I know I cannot speak for anyone but myself, i.e. this is “Tom in Germany”, the (bad) Go player and OGS member, not a mod comment, but:

THE WORLD sees you, the world hears you, and we do NOT confuse you for your government.

30 Likes

Long Live Ukraine!

6 Likes

Respect. Slava Ukraina.

6 Likes

Stay safe bro. Hoping for peace and safety and the end of Putin as soon as possible.

6 Likes

This was an amazing and touching gesture. I’m going back to becoming a paid member after that

8 Likes

I don’t know if Putin himself actually cares about international political suicide, but I do hope that the elite supporting him domestically will realize that continueing this war will result in them losing a lot their privileges. Having a steady supply of luxury goods from abroad, participating in the high life around the world, their children studying abroad in prestigious universities, etc.
Putin can arrest protestors in Russia, but he can’t stop the international outrage.

6 Likes

Wonderful gesture by this website. I wish world leaders would do more for them.

6 Likes

Not sure the elite can afford not to support Putin.

2 Likes

This is an awesome gesture on the part of GS.

RA; Tucson

6 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. Let’s not confuse Russian People with the Russian Government.

11 Likes

I was so impressed to see Russian protests!! :o That’s bravery!!

13 Likes