Note to Ukrainian site supporters

I’d say that’s a good as mod comment and the OGS position too :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

why

Simple: because.

1 Like

Because we’re decent human beings, with empathy and compassion.

10 Likes

Well done OGS and best wishes for Ukraine.

6 Likes

That’s very considerate move! This is a great community!

7 Likes

Bravo @anoek ! I’ve been reviewing some of my game communities tonight. UEFA has taken stances as has FIDE (sorta) and the USCF. Wonderful that OGS has taken this stance. Perhaps it can serve to inspire the AGA!

7 Likes

Best wishes to all our friends in Ukraine. You have the support of all civilized people around the world.

4 Likes

Thank you @anoek for doing such a kind thing and helping the Ukrainians to still play Go even when their home is at war and such a dangerous place. I hope not many people die in this conflict. As for our Ukrainian friends, be more careful when you go out! Щодо наших українських друзів, будьте уважнішими, коли виходите!

3 Likes

thats kind of all of ogs

1 Like

YES on every single point, this is a true test of our common humanity.

5 Likes

What about Libian, Syrian, Irakie, Somali, Yemeni , Afgani (and many more who suffered unjustified invasions) supporters?

2 Likes

Already answered.

10 Likes

Also, people who begrudge what someone does for A group and not for G group, habitually do nothing for anyone than themselves.

10 Likes

:fist:

6 Likes

GREAT! everything counts! :smiling_face_with_tear: todos con nuestro granito de arena para ayudar a Ucrania. :clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

8 Likes

@anoek: to support your generous offer, I decided to double my site support fee. Fellow players, please join if your situation allows.

14 Likes

Very thoughtful of you guys @ OGS. Much love and respect.

8 Likes

its good to see that so many of us are with you, ucrainian go-friends. thanks to all positive posts and power and freedom to all ucrainians !

6 Likes

You rock @anoek ! If ever OGS gets in a hard spot I’ll do whatever I can to help OGS. I’ve almost stopped playing the game of Go (and Chess) a few times thinking “I’ve got more important things to do with my time” - but for sure, in my opinion, meeting people like Tom/trohde and you (anoek) - even if only virtually - IS one of the most important ways for me to spend my time… and THAT is why I keep playing Go - the WeiQi community is pretty awesome. THANKS everyone, especially anoek and the admins here on OGS and the admins in the big Facebook Go-Players group.

14 Likes