**OGS climber 2022** πŸͺœ

I think it probably is the case that the person who tops the ladder will be the person who has done the most climbing, at least if you only care about starting and ending positions and not how many games it took to get there.

I imagine if you have the ability to top the ladder you can start from the exact bottom and get to the top covering the most steps.

If the ladder is more like the site ladder with many people dropping out and rejoining, or just new people joining, then one might need to drop out from the top to work back up again if a few extra users were added and someone got to second place say.

But I suppose with

you also mean it could be cumulative in some way? If one could remain near the bottom but gains few points every win for every number of steps moved up, then it might be another reason for first place to drop out or lose a few games rather than sit at the top.

That’s what I meant - the person who does the most climbing is in fact the one who climbs the most cumulatively.

(Of course, I’m keen on this because this is how I use the site ladders: I reach a point where I can’t get any further, then I drop out and climb up again. This is good because it lets me always chose who my opponent is, so I get an even mix of playing up and playing down,. and can chose people who appear to play at the speed I like)

2 Likes