OGS Community Go resources

It looks fine. :slight_smile:

Added Charles Matthews’ “Shape Up” which is hosted here on OGS.

3 Likes

(@trohde if anyone starts the “is he a member of OGS community” you’re on your own :stuck_out_tongue:).

(EDIT: 200+ pages? I’m glad I sorted my printer yesterday.)

4 Likes

How about Antons youtube channel?

Sofiam also does a go youtube channel.

I miss the category of non digital books. Ishi is in the sensei’s library, but there are also other publishers in the go world.
Is the go magazine GoWorld digitalised?

51QPV0A9cJL.SX373_BO1,204,203,200

They are both in the original post. :wink:

3 Likes

@Atorrante Please keep that in mind, this is the purpose of this specific thread. This is not a “links about Go” thread.

1 Like

It’s OT but to answer you about goworld: yes
And because we are OT and you already put that big pic of that book, you should add a few words:
If you like lengthly detailed and exhaustive introduction to the game, you should start with * go for beginners *(Iwamoto Kaoru). Players coming from chess for example will usually enjoy this book.

Then this “basic techniques of go” is the perfect follow-up, written in the same spirit.

Ah, OK, guess I hadn’t really understood the “OGS Community” part :wink:

But as Charles Matthews has explicitly allowed to host his book, and as @anoek was the initial creator of the first official CC PDF edition, I’d think that Charles is an honorary member of OGS :smiley:

4 Likes

I didn’t mean you should start it, if no one else did. :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The OGSer Noah Doss

Nowadays he seems to be posting JRPG walkthroughs or something, but a few years ago he made a good series reviewing Cho Chikun games.

Can’t find his OGS account any more, but I spoke to him in chat last year.

1 Like

I started making some ‘puzzles’ (descriptions/info/walthroughs) and actual puzzles for new players. If I keep adding to it maybe it’ll get to some beginner material that could be useful to the broad range of 25kyu+ players.

Looking at some of the set available, I feel like even the beginner puzzle sets can be a bit too much for new players trying to learn the rules.

It’s not polished or prefect or finished in any way. It just exists at the moment.

Link here https://online-go.com/puzzle/22655

6 Likes

I added the category “Puzzle Collections”. If there’s a better title for it, please let me know.

Everyone is welcome to keep adding. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You even included Shin Jinseo’s new fuseki on that first board! :smiley:
For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODxNqOB5Hf4

2 Likes

Oh it’s actually the same spot! I think that was a complete accident/coincidence :slight_smile:

I started making it a few days ago (4d apparently as of now) and I posted this when there was a couple of ‘puzzles’ Does the learn to play go section need more explanations?. I think I just wanted to show that you could play anywhere including the sides and corner :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This book should be added

One could also classify this as a puzzle collection, but I think we should defer to the authors calling it a book.

4 Likes

I see it is paid content, I wouldn’t want to add something in the list that can’t be accessed for free.
Maybe I should add a disclaimer, but my intention wasn’t to advertise (although I of course support everyone’s effort).

3 Likes

It’s a book in the format of a paid OGS puzzle collection :smiley:

5 Likes

Bugcat liked this and I was also reminded of it.

I have thought about it, and I think you were right, it doesn’t hurt to add paid content.

I would still like for a paid content or some other disclaimer to be added, but feel free to add anything that fits the “OGS Community”+“Go resources” description. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bugcat liked this and I was also reminded of it.

Have I evolved into “crypto-necroing”?!

2 Likes