OGS game server load issues

We are definitely having issues right now.

It may be fallout from the large google outage.

It’s being worked on.

2 Likes

I see anoek just posted right now that he thinks it’s fixed, in a separate Dec14 topic :smiley: :tada:

3 Likes

Has there been some lag recently? (last few days or so?)

I feel like sometimes games load slowly or only partly (the player icons don’t load or the ai graph, like something is missing or lags behind) or the homepage or a player profile might load slowly etc. Or even the search feature for player usernames.

It could always be my net, just curious. I’m guessing there’s updates coming soon as well though.

2 Likes

There is some lag CURRENTLY (anoek is looking into it), but I can’t say I am aware about any ongoing issues for a longer period of time, let alone a few days…

2 Likes

The load issue was so bad today, it wouldn’t even load me (I’m not that heavy!). You may feel better after reading my story, https://forums.online-go.com/t/how-was-your-day-regular/25749/1765

2 Likes

I always feel better after reading your stories. Always make me smile.
Don’t let it depress you. Your work as a moderator is highly appreciated.

2 Likes

I’ve finished adding in some more server resources and rejiggering things to even out the load, I think things should be quite a bit smoother now.

4 Likes

The last 2 or 3 days I faced a similar problem. While having a very good connection some games were continously throwing “error submitting move” and messages in the chat getting lost…
Wasn’t there any problem in the servers?

1 Like

English chat was reporting people having game loading problems as well - me too

I reckon it’s fixed. I was in a live game at the time and we got ‘Paused by server’ for a few minutes.

There was also a notification an hour or so before that of imminent maintenance or similar.

We had a report on this, and I saw that it was during the maintenance, which has ended.

1 Like

Good to know it’s fixed! Thanks for the great job!

I wouldn’t call it “fixed”, but I’ve put some things in place to mitigate what’s going on, I’m actively working on it though.

11 Likes

Is OGS loading poorly for anyone else the last while?

OGS loads slow for me now, I create game, challenge doesn’t appear, I refresh, it appears and disappears instantly. I text to chat, refresh, message not here, only after some tries it was successfully sent.