OGS game server load issues

Games borked for me in the middle of playing a live game. In byo yomi error submitting move, and then reloading wouldn’t reload the game. Tried any combination of key+reload button, disconnecting reconnecting wifi. It did come back though - luckily I had multiple periods to use up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yesterday I too lost a game because of this “error submitting move” during byoyomi:

is it related to these load issues?

5 Likes

Just a few minutes ago, across a couple correspondence games, I got intermittent “error submitting moves” issues. Refreshing the page and trying again got past the issue.

2 Likes

anoek was resetting the server. There was a banner about it. Seems okay now.

5 Likes

Borks are much rarer now, nice.

2 Likes

We were running a tournament on OGS today and several players reported connection issues in the last hour.

One sent me this screenshot:

2 Likes

Wait for a while and refresh usually works for me.
Welcome to OGS, where sometimes digital hiccups happen, but where the players and moderators are friendly.

4 Likes

Its was not just OGS

and bonus:

6 Likes

Oh yes. I had problems with steam.

1 Like

OGS is borky again?

I had a bit of move indicator borkiness, it was a short one.

Yeah, borks are visible with the naked eye.

1 Like

Borks anyone? I get occasional crosses this evening.

Yep.

Yeah, sorry about that, anoek should be around shortly to have a look

Had a young girl lose her tournament game for third place yesterday due to OGS borking.

Here is the event: https://beta.baduk.club/mac/9thvaopen-main

That’s pretty annoying. I heard yesterday them say for the European Pro league that there was some lag too, and Pavol lost one of his overtime periods due to it. Not as bad as losing the game but can throw a person off too.

Bork bork again, for me on tournament pages. But games too, I think.

And exactly one week later. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

3 Likes

I’ve been getting a bunch of “big red X” errors, and sometimes parts of the page just don’t load (like the games sections on the home page is just a big black void). Refreshing a few times or so usually helps fix it, but a couple times, I haven’t been able to get it to work at all, and just come back later.

Edit: just got a 520 error with the cloudflare page

8 Likes

Im having tons of issues right now too

1 Like