OGS game server load issues

The AI review can get backed up separately from load on the game server.

3 Likes

It will be more helpful to have specific problem reports, rather than dumping every observation about OGS issues into this thread.

Edit:

Upon request, I’ve left this thread open for tracking the specific issue of OGS getting overloaded and unable to serve games .

8 Likes

I noticed some of the usual borking just now. I hope it won’t hurt the congress.

4 Likes

Anoek was onto it immediately it happened, I think (thats certainly what it appear like in chat logs).

4 Likes

Is anyone experiencing borking? My online friends number is different in different tabs, it loads forever, stone placement doesn’t respond, chat is there and then it isn’t.

I think I saw somewhere anoek was going to update some stuff, maybe it’s update time?

1 Like

Seems OK to me at the moment.

Usually when there are sever load issues widespread, people are chatting about it in English…

1 Like

Got bork-bork on a tournament page

2 Likes

It is repeatable still? What URL?

Of course not. These borks are random.

But they’re pretty annoying and give a feeling OGS is unstable.

I’m going to post them as a record if that’s ok

I feel borks right now are (more) often one-time lags when before they were more rare but long.

2 Likes

Yeah - it is good to know what’s happening. I do think it is worth posting the URL each time, and whether it happens again: more info is better, especially knowing was it literally a one-off, or something that persisted for some period.

For checking the logs for associated errors, it would help to know the actual time it happened.

1 Like

Just now. From the tournament page I clicked a game, looked at it, then clicked back in the browser and got server error 500.

Of course, reloading the page fixed it.

1 Like

Thanks. Nothing in any log I can see … only @anoek can look deeper.

1 Like

Major borking on the observe page:

I learned it from another player so it’s not just me.

At some point some games did load for me but it’s slow and borky, for example:

Then:

But it’s slow, easy to think that there’s nothing on the server.

4 Likes

B0rkage confirmed:

No one is playing Go anymore!

(For the moderators - I should specify this is Chrome on Win10)

2 Likes

What, are they all gone?

3 Likes

I approve.

2 Likes

No games being currently played?

It is different behavior than what we had back here.

1 Like

I belive that anoeks “restarted stuff” and all is good again, for the time being.

3 Likes

Is borking (500/520) more frequent today than usual?

2 Likes

I got one today, which makes it more frequent than in the past.

4 Likes